Safety Net (Calum Hood) - Part 4 *

requested by anonymous on tumblr

this part's pretty short but i hope you like it anyway!!!!!

Warnings: Mentions of abuse, swearing, blood

~

Third person POV; Two years later

Okay, so maybe a public relationship when you're trying to escape someone wasn't the greatest idea...

Your father may be abusive and manipulative and one of the worst human beings on the planet, but he certainly wasn't stupid. It didn't take a genius for him to discover you were with the band when everyone seemed to be talking about your relationship. But while they were talking about how cute of a couple you were and that they'd noticed how much happier Calum was now that he had you, your dad was looking up where their next show would be.

And unfortunately for you, it wasn't far enough away.

~

Your POV

Nothing was out of the ordinary when you went into the boys' dressing room to use the bathroom. That changed, however, when you came back out.

"Well, look at this," his voice made you stop dead in your tracks. "Isn't this nice?" he wondered sarcastically as your blood ran cold – how did your father get backstage?

You finally turned to face him and a horrified feeling bubbled up in the pit of your stomach. Your dad was leaning up against the vanity along the wall, your camera – the one material thing you loved since the day the band gave it to you – in his hands, haphazardly swinging it around.

"Tell me, Y/N: do you think I'm stupid?" your dad asked, "Did you think I wouldn't find you?" You couldn't find the voice to answer – not that he wanted you to give him one anyway. "This is a nice camera, you know," he mentioned, holding it up to look at it, "Who bought it for you, that band you were stupid enough to think you could get away from me with? Bet it was expensive. Wouldn't want to accidentally drop it or anything, I'm sure." Your heart skipped a beat and you immediately lunged toward your dad.

"No!" you squeaked, quickly pulling your camera out of his hands before he even had the chance to toss it on the ground.

"What did you just say to me?" your father growled. And that was when all hell broke loose.

Your eyes widened, knowing what was about to happen – what you'd been terrified of happening since the day you ran away. You knew if you didn't scream now, there wouldn't be a chance of it once he got to you, so you did it.

You didn't know why – you knew he wouldn't be able to hear you – but you screamed Calum's name as loudly as you could right before the first punch was thrown. As you were falling backwards and landing on the ground with a thud, you swore you heard a crew member – you couldn't tell which one – shout something along the lines of 'Go get Calum while I call the cops!'.

Calum's POV

He was sure he'd never run so fast in his life.

Of course, that was before he was pulled from meet and greet and told his girlfriend's father had found her. And the speed only increased as he approached the dressing room and heard your muffled crying through the door.

Calum burst into the room just as you'd gotten hit and shoved back to the ground after getting up for what felt like the tenth time, your camera still clutched to your chest in an attempt to protect it.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" your boyfriend grumbled, his fists already clenched together at his sides. Your dad didn't pay any attention to him – which was probably a bad idea considering he didn't notice him coming over.

As your dad was lining up his foot to kick you in the stomach, Calum's leg shot out and hit his shin, preventing his shoe from getting to you. But he wasn't able to respond before Calum's fist made direct contact to his nose. He felt the bone crack under his knuckles, but he couldn't stop himself from going further.

Once your dad was on the ground, shouting in pain, Calum couldn't stop himself from getting on top of him and continuing to hit him, wanting him to know just how it felt when he did it to you.

"Is this what you wanted to happen today?!" Calum shouted in your dad's face, "You wanted someone to get the shit beat out of them?! Well, how does it feel, huh?! Does it fucking feel good when it's happening to you?!" During that time, you were being pulled up from the floor and out of the room while Calum continued hitting your dad until someone had to forcefully pull him off of him.

"Cal!" Ashton said loudly, putting himself in between the two, "Calum! I think he gets it!" The anger in Calum's expression faded, but was soon replaced with worry as he looked around the room, unable to find you.

"Where's Y/N?" he asked frantically, spinning around on his heels and beginning to run out of the room.

"Mike and Luke took her down the hall!" Ashton called after him. He turned back to look at the unconscious man lying on the ground with blood covering his face – and he wasn't going to lie, he was pretty impressed with the damage Calum had done.

Your POV

Tears were still streaming down your face as Michael and Luke helped you lie down on the random dressing room's couch. Luke went to take the camera you were still gripping tightly, but you only held it tighter.

"Y/N, it's just me," Luke assured you gently, "You know I'm not gonna do anything to it – I'm just gonna put it on the table." He motioned to the coffee table in front of the couch, only taking the camera when you held it out to him yourself.

"Y/N?!" you heard your boyfriend's panicked voice as his heavy footsteps echoed throughout the hall.

"In here, Cal!" Michael called out, and Calum was in the doorway in the next second. Your chest was visibly rising and falling as you tried to catch your breath and you were still – understandably – crying, but he still let himself relax when he saw you were okay.

Michael and Luke each pressed a quick kiss to your forehead before walking out of the room, allowing you and your boyfriend to have a moment alone. Calum came over to the couch, sitting down beside your upper thigh.

"I'm so sorry, baby girl," he shook his head rapidly, pushing your hair off of your face, "I know you hate when I yell and when I get mad and I know hitting your father probably didn't help you with being any less scared and I'm so-" Calum cut himself off when you suddenly propped yourself up on your elbows, moving up until your lips crashed into his.

You felt him breathe out sharply, but there was absolutely no hesitation in feeling him kiss you back. His hand moved to the side of your neck so he didn't touch any of your bruises, his thumb running back and forth along your jaw. His other hand landed on your hip, holding you firmly as a reminder to himself that you were safe now.

When you pulled away, Calum opened his mouth to speak again, but you beat him to it.

"That was really hot," you told him breathlessly, earning yourself a confused laugh.

"Certainly not what I was expecting to hear," he chuckled shyly, unable to keep himself from blushing.

You didn't give him a chance to see your smile as you wrapped your arms around his neck and buried your face in his shoulder. His own arms wound tightly around your waist, holding you close to him. You were both breathing heavily, just happy the other was okay.

"Thank you," you whispered, your voice muffled slightly by his shirt.

"Don't thank me," he stated, squeezing you gently, "I'd do anything for you – you know that."

"I love you..." you swallowed, feeling him smile against your skin.

"I love you more, baby girl," he promised you, kissing your neck.

~

inspiration: http://letmeletmetrashyourlove.tumblr.com/post/168666714013/breaking-things