Reasons I Love You (Ashton Irwin) - Part 3

ashton's birthday would be over winter break in australia right

the american public education system really fucked me over yall

~

Four months later; Winter break

​You came to learn that Ashton was an incredibly affectionate person and he kissed you every chance he got, but you soon pieced together that he was going out of his way to make sure he kissed you when Gunnar was around. You never knew Gunnar to be the jealous type – even when it came to dating you – but you'd be lying if you said Ashton's antics getting a rise out of your ex-boyfriend didn't amuse you. Though, you would still giggle into Ashton's mouth and playfully remind him that it was starting to look like he was more jealous than your ex, but Ashton would lovingly roll his eyes and poke your sides and kiss you again before walking you to your next class – even throwing you over his shoulder if you were heading to the cafeteria for lunch.

~

It was winter break and you had just arrived at Ashton's house. It wasn't completely unannounced – you'd told him you'd be stopping by, you just didn't tell him what time – so he grinned brightly when he opened the front door and found you standing there with your hands behind your back. You were shivering lightly due to the cool weather mixed with the fact that it was raining, causing him to quickly usher you inside.

You immediately took off your shoes – something Anne always insisted you didn't need to do but hey: why wear shoes when you didn't have to? You went to hug Ashton, but he chuckled instead.

"Aren't you gonna take off your coat?" he asked, pulling at the fabric on your shoulder.

"I'm cold," you pouted, making him laugh again.

"I'll keep you warm," he winked. You rolled your eyes but let him take off the coat anyway – careful not to let him see what was behind your back – watching him hang it up before he took your hand and led you to where he'd been sitting and watching TV.

"Where is everybody?" you asked, sitting down on the front edge of the couch while Ashton plopped down beside you.

"They went out," he shrugged, leaning back against the cushion, "Mum said something about needing a cake and I guess Lauren and Harry decided to go with her."

"What's the cake for?" you asked, trying hard to keep a straight face but knowing you were failing when Ashton smiled.

"Princess," he raised his eyebrows.

"Okay, so I know what the cake's for," you shrugged, making him laugh again, "And speaking of which, I know you said not to get you anything, but I couldn't not do something."

"Princess," he repeated with a sigh – he'd been adamant about the fact that he didn't want presents this year from anyone.

"It's your birthday, Ash!" you pouted, "You would do the same thing if it were mine!" He sighed in response, knowing you were right. "I didn't buy anything," you promised, "Well, I did kinda, but that's just because I didn't have everything to make it."

"You made me something?" he asked curiously.

"Spoilers!" you gasped obnoxiously.

Ashton watched you finally pull up what you'd kept hidden behind you since you got there: a medium-sized gift bag. You put it on the couch next to you as Ashton sat up. He smiled at the excited grin on your face, eagerly waiting for him to open it.

He pulled the tissue paper off of the top and reached in, pulling out a photo album. It had a picture of you and Ashton in the display window on the front that Lauren had taken while you were over one night a couple months ago. He smiled slightly, looking back up at you.