Food Poisoning (Luke Hemmings)

requested by anonymous on tumblr

this was gonna be marshall but then someone wanted luke so now it's luke even tho i write a ton of luke so basically if the person who wanted luke doesn't reblog this s o he lp m e g od i'll never write another frat boy luke imagine again

also i made it a frat boy au bc i'm garbage lmao :)

anyway

just wanna say a little heads up yall: if the mention of vomiting makes you feel like you're going to as well (i feel u man, i really do), maybe skip this one

~

"Lu..." you trailed off, breathing in and out of your nose, "Can we maybe...cancel the party...? Or... Or reschedule it or something...?"

"What?" your boyfriend frowned, looking up from where he was putting the drinks out on the kitchen counter, "We can't reschedule your birthday!"

"Not rescheduling my birthday, Lu," you said softly, "Just the party... I... I don't feel good..."

"You're just nervous because you don't like parties," Luke shook his head, coming over to you and putting his hands on your cheeks, "But I promise I didn't invite anyone you don't already know. It's just a small get together here at the house."

"Lu..."

"You'll be fine, princess," he assured you, pressing a kiss to your forehead, "People are already on their way – I don't wanna have to cancel now."

You started chewing on your inner cheek – he had a point; you didn't want to have people show up just to turn them away. They were coming to celebrate your birthday and you didn't want to upset anyone by cancelling so last minute.

So you simply sucked it up and nodded your head, pushing the nauseous feeling to the back of your mind and hurrying back upstairs to make yourself look at least decently presentable before the party guests started arriving.

~

Luke's POV; 30 minutes later

Once the party was in full swing, Luke left you in the kitchen for a moment to go talk to someone in the living room. He talked with a couple of guys from another frat about a charity event coming up before he made his way back to the kitchen.

But as Luke looked around the room, his eyebrows furrowed when he wasn't able to find you. He went around the corner to where the fridge was, figuring maybe you'd just gotten thirsty and needed to refill your water, but you were nowhere to be found there either. He hummed to himself in confusion, walking back out.

As he entered the hallway, he found one of his brothers coming down the stairs. He was about to greet him, but he was beat to it.

"Hey, I was just coming down to find you!" Michael chirped, stopping at the bottom step, "You should probably head up to your bathroom, man."

"What for?" Luke asked.

"Your girlfriend's not having the greatest time," he laughed shyly, "I tried to help her out, but she just keeps crying for you."

"Alright," he nodded, "Thanks." He patted the blonde on the back as he passed him, hurrying up the stairs. His bedroom door was closed, but he could clearly hear you throwing up in the bathroom.

Luke couldn't help the guilty feeling from creeping up on him. You told him you weren't feeling well – he should have just listened to you and cancelled the party. But he didn't. And he felt terrible.

"Princess?" he murmured as he opened the door.

The bathroom door was already open, so he immediately found you hunched over the toilet. Your arm was resting on the outer edge and your head was resting on your bicep, your eyes closed and taking deep breaths as your body had finally given a break from puking. You had already put your hair into a ponytail before the party started – just in case – so he was relieved to know that it hadn't gotten in your hair. Though, the sight itself was still enough to make Luke's heart drop, but what really did it for him were the tears streaming down your face.

"Princess," he sighed, closing the bedroom door behind him and coming into the bathroom. He knelt down beside you, putting his hand on the small of your back and rubbing his thumb back and forth across your spine. "I'm sorry," he mumbled again, pressing a kiss to your ear. You barely smiled in response although you were unable to force yourself to open your eyes and look at him.

"S'okay," you whispered hoarsely, your throat raw from throwing up for the last five minutes.

"No – I should have listened to you," he shook his head, "You wouldn't have told me to cancel if you really thought you were fine enough to handle it."

"But everyone's already here," you whined, a small pout on your lips.

"They'll understand, princess," he reminded you, "Especially if you might be contagious."

"M'not contagious, Lu," you murmured, "It's just food poisoning."

"I told you that gas station sushi wasn't a good idea," he shook his head, smiling slightly when you giggled.

"But it was good at the time!" you pouted again. Luke chuckled under his breath, leaning down to kiss your head again.

"Do you feel like you're going to throw up again?" he asked you.

"Not yet," you mumbled, finally able to open your eyes to look at him.

"C'mon, princess," he said, standing up, "Let's get you in bed."

"Hmm," you hummed, "Not really in the mood right now." Luke laughed a little more loudly, making you grin as well.

He put his arms around your back and under your knees, lifting you off of the ground. He brought his foot up to push the toilet handle down as well as leaning down to grab the trash can. He then took you out of the bathroom and to his bed, laying you down.

"Where's your water?" Luke asked you. You grumbled for a moment, trying to remember what you did with it, only making him laugh again.

"I'll just get you a new one, princess," he said, putting his hand on top of your head and smoothing down your hair as your eyes started drooping shut. He pressed his lips to your forehead, leaving them there for a moment. "I'll be back once everyone's gone, okay?" he said, "And I'll make sure none of the other guys come bother you." You barely laughed, nodding your head.

"Will you tell everyone I'm sorry?" you asked, your voice coming out quieter with every word as you started falling asleep.

"Will you feel better if I do?" he returned. You hummed in response. "Then I'll tell everyone you're sorry," he promised you, kissing your head again. "I love you, princess," he murmured into your skin. You mumbled incoherently as he stood back upright and walked back to the door, but he knew you'd told him you loved him too.

~

it actually ended up being longer than i thought it was gonna be lmao