Nothing Else Matters (Ashton Irwin) *

requested by anonymous on tumblr

Warning: idk what to technically label this but she gets drugged at a bar basically

~

If you knew you'd find yourself in a situation of literally fearing for your life, you never would have walked out of your apartment. It was a stupid fight – one you knew wouldn't matter tomorrow – but you left anyway, leaving your boyfriend alone in your shared home.

You ended up walking to a small, local bar within walking distance of your apartment complex, just wanting to loosen up and let off some steam. You entered the bar, noticing there were only a few people scattered throughout the main room including the bouncers and bartender. You took a seat at the counter, ordering a small drink. It obviously didn't take you long to finish it, so you ordered another.

"Hey, Dax," you said, earning a hum from the man making your drink, "Have you guys gotten any new songs on that jukebox yet?"

"Should," he nodded, "Pretty sure your incessant interrogating got Bill to add that band you like."

You laughed loudly, hopping up from your seat and heading to where the jukebox was near the front door. As you were typing in the band's name, you heard your name behind you.

"Y/N!" Dax called out. You turned your head to look over your shoulder, finding him holding your drink up before putting it in front of your seat. You quickly turned back to the jukebox, pressed on the song you wanted to hear, and hurried back to your seat. You noticed a man at the end of the bar watching you, but didn't think anything of it – you came to this bar a lot with Ashton and people watched you all the time.

You took a big gulp of your drink, scrunching your face up as you swallowed it. It didn't take you long to know what was going on – you'd only had one drink previous to this so you obviously weren't too drunk to function – and when you realized you tasted salt, you started panicking to yourself. You heard Dax ask if you were okay as you sprung up from your seat and practically bolted to the bathroom, locking yourself inside the single room. You then pulled out your phone and dialed the number you'd come to know by heart.

"Y/N!" your boyfriend breathed the second he accepted the call, "What on earth do you think you're doing?! Where are you?! This isn't funny! Come home now!"

"A-Ash..." you managed to choke out.

"What's wrong?" the tone of your voice sent him into panic mode.

"I-I came to get- to get a drink, bu-but I think s-someone spiked i-it," you sobbed softly, not wanting anyone who could possibly be outside the bathroom – especially the person who did this to you – to hear, "I don't- It's salt- I'm not- I don't know wha-what to do, A-Ashton; Tell- Tell m-me what to do-do. I'm sc- I'm scared..." You covered your mouth with the palm of your hand so your cries weren't as loud.

"Listen to me, baby," Ashton said as you heard the sound of him picking up his keys off the kitchen counter and closing the front door behind him as he jogged out of the apartment, "You're going to be fine, do you understand me? Just tell me where you are, okay? I'm coming to get you."

"I-I'm in the-the bar," you moved your hand so he could understand what you were saying, "I-In the bath-bathroom." You heard a car door shut and an engine start, then the sound of Ashton's phone dropping into the cup holder in the center console, letting you know he'd put you on speaker so he could start driving.

"I need you to stay on the phone with me, okay?" he said, earning an uneven hum from your end, "How are you feeling? Do you feel dizzy or sick at all?"