Prompt Blurb #4: Luke Hemmings

prompt: "Are you impressed or what?"

~

"I don't remember ordering that," you mentioned as you sat down at your wedding reception, your husband sitting right beside you after pushing in your chair.

There were large curtains hanging from the ceiling in a box formation near the dance floor – something you definitely knew you didn't approve of while planning the wedding. Everything had gone off without a hitch so far, so this unknown change understandably worried you.

"I'm sure it's just the boys," Luke comforted you, "You know how they are."

"I do know how they are, which makes me even more worried," you snorted softly, only making him laugh.

"Well, hopefully we'll find out what it is soon enough."

~

After the speeches from Luke's best men, your maid of honor, and yours and his parents, you were finally let it on what the curtains were all about. The three men sitting on Luke's side stood up, making you look at them when you heard their chairs squeak on the hardwood floor.

"Hey, guys," Michael trotted over to you and your husband, "Come with me." He held his hand out to you as Luke stood up, pulling you up when you slowly gave him your hand.

"What are you up to, Clifford?" you cocked an eyebrow. Michael simply smiled at you, leading you and Luke to the dance floor in front of the curtains.

"It's time for your first dance, Mrs. Hemmings," he chirped – and your heart fluttered at your new last name.

You stood there for a moment, the confusion on your face more obvious the longer you were there. You had no idea what was happening, but you also had no idea that Luke and his best men did.

You watched Michael, Ashton, and Calum go behind the curtain and then you heard the beginning of Remembering Sunday by All Time Low – the song you and Luke had picked as your first dance – and you thought it was sweet that the boys were going to play it for you live instead of using the actual track like you'd originally planned.

You were swaying to the instrumental intro slightly as you held Luke's hand. You were understandably a bit confused as to why there was a curtain if the boys were singing, but you shrugged it off, figuring they were planning something silly before actually letting you and Luke have the first dance.

But boy, were you wrong.

The moment a voice that wasn't any of the three boys came through a microphone, the curtain dropped, along with your jaw. Your eyes widened as you stared at All Time Low, your hands flying up to cover your face. You turned into Luke – who had the biggest smile on his face – and he kissed the side of your forehead.

Luke took your hands away from your face and brought them over to wrap around his neck. He then moved his own hand to your hips, squeezing them lovingly before sliding them around your back. Your forehead immediately found his shoulder, burying your face into it as you were tearing up.

"Are you impressed or what?" Luke beamed even though he clearly already had the answer.

"Can't you ever just do a small surprise?" you sniffled, making him chuckle under his breath. He shook his shoulder gently to make you look up at him, pressing his lips to yours for a quick kiss.

"It's a big day," he shook his head, "Can't do small surprises on a big day." You smiled as he brought one of his arms up to wipe your tears.

"You're the worst," you told him, "I love you."

~

inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09R8_2nJtjg

have i written that christmas imagine yet??? of course not. have yall fuckin met me, hi my name is danielle and i'm the actual worst

prompt used from this list: https://hellyeahrpmemes.tumblr.com/post/167539853447/more-jenna-marbles-sentence-starters-sentences