Prompt Blurb #1: Calum Hood (Part 4)

prompt: "Are you implying that you want to kiss me?"

~

Three months later

"Don't I get an invite too?"

You looked over your shoulder from your spot on the couch to find Calum – now your boyfriend – pouting, holding the Christmas invitation you'd gotten from your aunt in his hand.

"No," you quickly shook your head, looking back down at your book.

"Yeah?" he hummed, putting the card down and coming over to you, plopping down beside you, "And why's that, princess?"

"Didn't think you'd want to..." you swallowed, staring blankly at your fingers fiddling with the edge of the page, "Thought I'd save you the trouble of saying no..."

"Why would I say no?" Calum nudged you gently in an attempt to get you to look at him, but you didn't.

"Maisie's gonna be there..." you whispered.

"Yeah," he nodded, "She is your cousin – it's a family thing. D'be surprised if she wasn't there."

And that finally got your attention.

"You still want to go?" you looked up at him.

"Of course I do," he assured you, putting his hand on your thigh and squeezing gently, "I love being around your family."

"But... Maisie..." you murmured.

"If Maisie is going to have a problem with me being there, she never should have lied to me in the first place," Calum told you, his voice firmer than it usually was when he spoke to you, "I love your family, Y/N, and I want to spend Christmas with you guys this year if you'll have me."

~

One month later

You and Calum walked up to your aunt's front porch, your hand firmly held in his. You'd obviously convinced yourself that everything was going to be fine – that there was no way Maisie would started anything in front of everyone – so you happily let your boyfriend tag along to the family festivities.

"Y/N!" one of your aunts cheered as you walked in the door. You couldn't help but laugh as she hugged you tightly – you never really got to see most of your extended family, so it was nice to be able to spend a day – especially Christmas – with them. "How are you?!" she beamed, "Who's this?" Calum huffed with a laugh of his own as your aunt pulled him into a hug as well.

"This is my boyfriend Calum," you introduced them, "Cal, this is my Aunt Sandy."

"It's nice to finally meet you," Calum greeted her, "I thought I'd met most of Y/N's family already, but I guess there's more to see."

"Oh, honey," your aunt laughed, "You have no idea – the girls in this family are making babies like rabbits in mating season."

"Thank you, Aunt Sandy," you rolled your eyes, "We really appreciate that visual." Calum chuckled again, returning to your side and taking your hand back in his, while your aunt just waved you off.

"Sweetheart, you grew up around all of us – you know how we are," she reminded you, "So how did you two meet?" Your heart skipped a beat and Calum felt you tense up slightly.

"Maisie set us up," he responded smoothly, causing you to look at him. He didn't look away from your aunt – he just squeezed your hand in acknowledgement, rubbing the back of it with his thumb to get you to relax.

Calum and your aunt spoke for a couple more minutes before she walked away, excitedly greeting her sister when she and her kids walked through the door. He led you to kitchen, but you stopped him before you actually went through the doorway.

"Why'd you tell her Maisie set us up?" you asked.

"Because it's technically true," he reminded you. You were rendered speechless for a moment, making Calum chuckle. "Princess," he released your hand to hold your shoulders, "It's Christmas – loosen up a little. You're not going to enjoy the day if you're so worried that something's gonna happen the whole time." You closed your eyes for a moment and let out a deep breath, nodding your head.

"Okay," you grumbled. Calum smiled again, kissing your forehead lightly before he started to head back toward the kitchen, only to stop again.

"Huh," he suddenly hummed, "Would you look at that?" You followed his gaze to where he was looking above you, finding you were standing under a mistletoe.

"Cal, are you implying that you want to kiss me?" you asked, trying to keep yourself from smiling but knowing you weren't doing a great job when Calum smiled himself.

"Just saying," he shrugged, "The mistletoe has chosen us."

"I think you might have helped it," you giggled, reaching up and pressing a kiss to his lips. Unfortunately, the person who interrupted the two of you was the person you were hoping to avoid for as long as possible.

"Well, well, well," Maisie scoffed, causing you and Calum to pull away to look at her, "Didn't expect you to bring him with you." You remained silent, though you did swallow thickly. "Didn't expect you to show up at all, to be honest," she scowled, "Thought you'd would be out ruining another person's life today. But I guess a homewrecker's job is never really done, is it?" Maisie walked away, leaving you and Calum alone again. He went to speak, but didn't get a chance.

"I have to go to the bathroom," you whispered. You walked away from Calum, but when he noticed you going to the bathroom upstairs, he knew you weren't really going to use it.

He hurried after you, reaching the bathroom door just before you closed it, allowing him to slip inside. He took one look at your face and noted how close you were to tears, making him smile sadly. He took you to the sink and lifted you up onto the counter so you were eye-level with him.

"I don't care what Maisie says about you or me or anyone else," Calum shook his head, his hands holding your hips tightly, "I'm in love with you not her." Your heart started racing.

"Y-You are?" you choked out, surprised your voice even gave you that much – neither of you had said 'I love you' yet.

"Yes, Maisie hurt me by doing what she did," he nodded, "And even though you started out helping her, you clearly regret it and you still helped put me back together. And I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else in the whole worldfor that."

"Even your mom?" you mumbled, "And Mali?"

"Okay, maybe not more than them," he admitted with a chuckle, "But I love you more than anyone I've ever loved romantically."

"Good," you whispered, "'Cause I definitely would have told on you." Calum responded by grinning stupidly, pulling your body forward so it was right up against his.

"I love you, baby girl," he murmured, letting his lips barely touch yours.

"I love you, Cal," you replied, putting your hands on his cheeks and closing the gap between you.

~

prompt used from this list: http://smollmikey.tumblr.com/post/131446369233/friends-or-more-sentence-starters