Home, Sweet Home (Maxx Danziger)

im using made up girlfriends for obvious reasons lmao

~

It was just another Tuesday; Another day your boyfriend was on tour and you were at home by yourself. Now normally, this wouldn't bother you – you were used to being alone while Maxx was away. But this time was different. This time, you had moved with him to LA – now living with the whole band as well as their girlfriends.

It wasn't that bad at first – you actually thought the other girls liked you when you all first moved in together. But you quickly found out that they were just putting on a show for the boys.

It seemed like the moment the band left for their first six-month tour a couple weeks after moving in – and every tour after that –the girls wanted nothing to do with you. And you being you, you would never initiate conversation or make plans – if they didn't tell you they were going out, you didn't go. You didn't know why they didn't like you, you just knew they didn't. They would glare at you whenever you walked into a room, whisper amongst each other about you when you left, and made sure you never knew what their plans were.

But above all of that, by far the worst thing you had to deal with was how inconsiderate they were toward you.

They didn't care what you had to do the next day or what time you had to wake up, they made sure they were as loud as possible when they knew you were trying to sleep. But if you accidentally dropped something in the morning and it woke one of them up, the gates of hell may as well have just opened up and swallowed you whole right then and there because they made damn sure they told you how rude and selfish and inconsiderate you were toward them.

You couldn't say you were completely alone though – you did have Pistol with you to keep you company and she was the best substitute cuddle buddy when Maxx was gone. But at the same time, she couldn't hug you back or kiss you or tell you everything was okay or that she loved you more than anything...

As much as you loved her, Pistol just wasn't your boyfriend.

~

Only two weeks after your boyfriend had left for his five-month-long tour this time around – and a year and a half after moving into the Set It Off house – you finally found an apartment so you could move out. You hadn't told any of the other girls – quite honestly because you knew they wouldn't care – but you hadn't even told Maxx either. You didn't know why, but you were just scared that he'd be upset with you.

You didn't have much that solely belonged to you, so you made sure to get a place that was furnished and ready to move into so you could leave as soon as possible. And that was what you did. 

While the girls were out shopping one day, you packed up all your things, loaded them as well as Pistol into your car, and didn't look back as you drove away.

~

After bringing the last box into your new apartment and setting it on the kitchen counter, you looked around the main room and breathed a small sigh of relief. It was just the beginning of what you were sure was going to be a stressful journey of living on your own, but to be honest, anything was better than the absolute hell those three girls had put you through when the band wasn't around.

Once you knew you wouldn't be coming in and out of the apartment anymore, you went over to where you'd put Pistol's carrier. She immediately darted out when you opened the door – she hated being in a carrier because she knew it usually meant a trip to the vet – and began exploring her new surroundings. She jumped up onto the back of the couch, giving herself a bird's eye view of the room.