Unpredictable (Billy Hargrove)

i'm literally in love with dacre montgomery and it's all cxddlyash and letmeletmetrashyourlove on tumblr's faults

i don't watch stranger things and all i know about it is what i've read in fics and seen in short clips, so i'm sorry if this isn't exactly canon to the actual character on the show lmao

if this flops and no one likes it, it never happened, got it???

~

You knew every couple argued, but that never made fighting with your boyfriend any easier.

It was hard to predict – Billy's temper – and you never know what would set him off. Some days, it took a lot to make him mad. Other days, the sound of a boiling pot of water would make him irate. Those close to you would always ask you why you stayed with him – why you'd continue to put up with his unpredictable behavior – but it wasn't as complicated for you to understand as it was for them. For you, it was worth it simply because you knew about his past and you believed that he could get better.

Although, that wasn't to say that there weren't times when that unpredictable behavior scared you.

It seemed like you walked past that unemptied washing machine for the tenth time that day, still full of Billy's clothes and still with no sign of being tended to anytime soon. Normally, you wouldn't have cared much, but you also normally didn't have two other loads of laundry that needed to be done either.

"Billy," you said, walking into the living room. You found your boyfriend staring at the bookshelf where the DVDs were, obviously trying to find something to watch.

"Yeah, baby girl?" he murmured, the clear sound of a cigarette in his mouth filling your ears. You came up behind him, wrapping one arm around his shoulders while the other plucked the cigarette from between his lips.

You sighed, "What have I told you about smoking in the house?"

"Had a rough day," he replied, reaching for your hand and taking another drag before you inevitably rolled your eyes and smothered it in the ashtray on the mantel of your fireplace.

"So have I, but I'm not ignoring the one rule we agreed on after moving in," you reminded him.

"That's because you don't smoke, darling," he took your hand, pulling your arm off of him so he could kiss your knuckles.

"At least one of us had good habits," you said innocently, kissing his cheek as he laughed.

"I have plenty of good habits," he turned to face you.

"Unfortunately, all of them involve the bedroom."

"Not complaining about them though, now are we, baby girl?" he smirked, hooking his fingers through your belt loops and tugging you gently.

"I'm just saying it would be nice to have some help around here once in a while," you smacked his hands away.

"I help around here," he scoffed, and you could immediately tell this was going to turn into an argument.

"When's the last time you went grocery shopping or cooked or even did the dishes?" you asked him.

"I did the dishes last night!" he shook his head.

"You got bored halfway though and I had to finish them. Again."

"'Again'?" he snorted, rolling his own eyes that time, "What do you mean 'again'?"

"I always end up finishing the chores you start, Billy," you sighed, "It's like you're not even trying anymore because you know I'll do it for you. I'm not asking you to manage the entire place by yourself; I just want you to do one load of dishes or do you laundry from start to finish or-"