Side Effects May Include... (Trevor Collins) *

requested by anonymous on tumblr

Warning: This entire thing (obviously) centers around depression. If you are not comfortable with that sort of thing, feel free to skip this one (I promise I won't be offended)

~

"Y/N," Michael sang, reaching up and waving his hand in front of your face. You jumped lightly as your eyes glanced around at everyone around the Off Topic table, finding them looking at you with concerned expressions. "You okay?" he continued when he knew he had your attention, resting his forearm back on the table.

"Yeah," you nodded, putting your hands on your face and rubbing your eyes with the pads of your fingers, "I'm just tired – didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

"What were you doing?" Ryan asked.

"More like who was she doing? Aye!" Geoff interjected, making everyone laugh.

"Really, Geoff?" Jack chuckled, "Cheering yourself on there?"

"Well, no one else ever does!" he stated matter-of-factly while Jack simply rolled his eyes.

"I understand though," Michael shrugged, "Isn't insomnia a side effect of anti-depressants?"

Confused noises came from the other men as they looked at Michael and then at you, noticing your body had tensed up. You slowly moved your hands away from your face – just enough to look at the man across from you.

"How did you know about that?" you asked lowly, desperately hoping you'd just heard him wrong.

But you didn't – and you knew you didn't because Michael's face immediately contorted in submission. He was letting out a small, constant sigh, as if he didn't want to tell you how he knew.

"Michael," you stated firmly, causing him to let out a breath – everyone else was still watching in confusion.

"Trevor mentioned it the other day," he admitted, "He was leaving work early and I asked him why and he said he had to pick up your medication and I asked what was wrong and he told me they were your anti-depressants." You were sure your surprise was showing – not at Michael randomly bringing it up on a live podcast, but at hearing Trevor had told someone the one thing he swore he wouldn't after you'd told him yourself; You were surprised that your boyfriend of all people was the one to break a promise to you.

~

Trevor was lucky that the both of you were scheduled for podcasts and Let's Plays at different times because, honestly, it gave you time to cool down before you saw him again. You knew word had spread throughout the office – mostly people just talking about how much trouble Trevor was in – but you were relieved that no one brought it up to you.

It wasn't until everyone went home for the day that you saw your boyfriend since arriving to work, already waiting for you in his car. The ride was silent – you knew he'd heard what people were saying, but it wasn't until he pulled into your apartment building's parking lot that you finally cracked.

"I'd love to hear your side of the story," you mentioned, hearing the man in the driver's seat sigh.

"I didn't mean to," Trevor said as you looked at him, pulling up to the curb at the front door of the building, "I wasn't thinking."

"That seems to be the theme with everything you forget you promised me," you murmured, more to yourself than to him, "But I still trusted you not to tell anyone, and you did."

"I didn't mean to, Y/N," he repeated defensively.

"But you still did it, Trevor!" you shook your head, "That's not something that comes up in every day conversation!