Don't Start Now (Michael Clifford) - Part 3

word count: 1457
requested by: @youngblood199456 (https://youngblood199456.tumblr.com/post/631751560286846976/dont-start-now-michael-clifford-part-2)
pronouns: she/her
warnings: shy michael 🥺, moms being mischievous little mischiefs
fandom: 5 seconds of summer
au type: neighbors
summary: you and michael never ended up telling your mothers you were together at the end of the summer. they've hatched a plan to change that
inspired by: @thegirlwhocriedhelemtboy (https://thegirlwhocriedhelemtboy-blog.tumblr.com/post/140239310597/boy-next-door-calum-hood-imagine)
authors notes: i def miss posting so much but i dont miss stressing about posting so much

❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀

"Hey, Mum?!" you called as you came down the stairs.

"What is it, sweetheart?" she returned, looking up once she saw you enter the room from the corner of her eye.

"Do you think it's possible to sneak in a whole bag of popcorn so we don't have to buy it there?" you wondered. She gave you a confused look, making you return the look with a smile. "You know, the movies?" you said, "We were gonna see Into the Spider-verse tonight, right?" Your mom closed her eyes for a moment, a long sigh leaving her mouth.

"I'm so sorry, honey," she shook her head, "I forgot Karen and I were meeting our friends for a girls' night."

"Oh... It's okay; We can just do it next weekend then," you replied, but she could hear the disappointment in your voice.

"Why don't you and Mike go?" she suggested, "I know you were really looking forward to it; I'm sure he wants to see it too."

"I'll ask him, but he probably already has band practice tonight or something," you insisted, making your way back up to your bedroom to find your phone.

~

"Bye, Mum! Have fun with Karen and everyone!" you hollered as you left your house, hearing her call back the same.

"No," he insisted, smacking the hand with your wallet in it, "You bought the tickets, so I'm buying the snacks."

"But I invited you!" you pouted, "I should be the one to pay!"