Reputation (Luke Hemmings) - Part 3 *

Warning: Mentions of murder/death

~

Not even 10 minutes later, you looked up from your laptop screen when you heard knocking on your door. You stared at it for a moment – you weren't expecting any more visitors – before finally getting up to answer it. You didn't know who you thought you'd see, but the blonde who had just left wasn't it.

"Luke...?" you trailed off. He only smiled shyly.

"I... M'sorry for bothering you again, but... My car won't start..." he told you.

"Oh," you nodded, "Well... Do you need to call someone...?"

"I called AAA, but they won't be here until morning..."

"I-" You cleared your throat as your heart skipped a beat, forcing yourself to say what you'd been too scared to 10 minutes prior. "You can stay here...if you want..."

"I... I don't wanna be a bother," he told you.

"You never bother me, Lu," you assured him – and if you didn't know any better, you'd say the nickname made him blush.

Luke didn't say anything – not that his voice would have let him – and he just smiled bashfully again, following you back into your dorm room. You gave him free reign over your Netflix account – it wasn't like you were watching anything at the moment anyway – and you both returned to how you'd been sitting on your bed 20 minutes ago.

After finding a show he wanted to watch, he sat quietly for a couple minutes before turning to you. He stared at you as you typed away on your keyboard, seemingly mesmerized by how into your paper you were.

"Are you ever not doing schoolwork?" Luke asked you, making you stop and look up at him.

"Only when I don't have schoolwork to do," you giggled.

"C'mon, Y/N," he rolled his eyes, "You've barely been able to keep your eyes open since I came back here."

"But I'm so close to getting this part done," you pouted.

"Then just rest your eyes for a few minutes." He seemed genuinely concerned about you, so you finally caved.

You saved your work thus far, missing Luke's smile when he realized you were listening to him. You then closed your laptop and put it at the end of your bed so you could lie back against your pillows.

"Y'promise you won't let me fall asleep?" you asked.

"Mhmm," Luke nodded.

But you should have known he was lying.

~

Luke's POV

Nearly two hours later, Luke finally decided he was tired enough to call it a night as well. He turned off your Xbox and TV, carefully leaned over you to flick off the lamp on your windowsill behind the bed, and went to move to your floor so he could go to sleep himself, but he was surprised when he felt you grab his hand. He looked at you and saw your eyes were still closed but he knew you were at least semi-awake when you spoke.

"Where're you going?" you mumbled.

"The floor?" he chuckled.

"Why?"

"'Cause I'm gonna go to sleep."

"Y'can have my bed," you told him, "L'take the floor."

"You're not sleeping on the floor in your own room, Y/N," he stated firmly.