Lost in Cologne (Michael Clifford)

requested by anonymous on tumblr

alternate title: cOME FIND ME IM A LOST BOY (x16)

~

Looking back, maybe you were being selfish. Maybe you shouldn't have expected Michael to skip the last 10 minutes of soundcheck just to take you to see a movie. Maybe you were asking too much of him – especially when you knew he was right to get upset with you over it. Maybe you were being over-dramatic and bratty about not getting your way.

But you definitely shouldn't have stormed off the bus when you had no idea where you were.

The Meet You There Tour had arrived to its second date in Germany – Cologne – and you were getting antsy just sitting around on the tour bus. Michael had come back to check on you in the middle of soundcheck – you'd been taking a nap and he just wanted to make sure you were still comfortable.

And that was when the fight started.

You wanted him to take you to see a movie that had just come out in theaters, but he told you it would have to wait until after he was done inside the venue. Michael knew it was going to end up in an argument the moment you crossed your arms over your chest, and he knew that simply walking away would only make the fight worse. So he just stood there, waiting until you were done ranting at him before calmly telling you that he was going back inside and would continue with you later.

But when he did exactly that – returning to the bus 20 minutes later – you weren't there.

Michael sighed – he should have known you weren't going to make this easy for him – and pulled out his phone to call you. He started hearing your ringtone right away, following the sound to the bunk he shared with you. When he opened the curtain, your phone was lit up with his name and photo, but you were nowhere to be found.

And he'd be lying if he said he wasn't starting to panic.

He went to Luke's contact and called him – his bandmate had just left with Ashton to go on a run – but the call was declined after only two rings. Luke never rejected Michael's calls – Michael only really called anyone when he either wanted to talk to you or it was an emergency – and he was only more confused when the blonde walked onto the bus.

"Hey, Mike!" Luke chirped, making Michael spin around to face him, "Have you seen my phone?"

"You have it...?" he cocked an eyebrow, "You just ignored my call...?"

"No..." Luke trailed off, "I can't find it... Why were you calling me? Are you okay?"

"No, I-" Michael breathed shakily, "Y/N's gone and she doesn't have her phone and I don't know where she is and-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa – slow down, Michael," he shook his head, "What do you mean she's gone?"

"We... We got into a fight about not being able to...to take her out until after soundcheck, and I... I came back when we were finished, but she wasn't here... I-I tried calling her, but her phone was in the bunk and I-I don't know where she is!" he shook his head frantically, "Sh-She could be lost or hurt or scared or-"

"Mike, I'm sure she's fine," Luke tried to reassure him, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't worried too, "You stay here and see if she comes back; Ash, Cal, and I will go out and see if we can find her."

~

Your POV; Two hours later

You'd been exploring the city – well... Actually, you'd gotten lost – for the last couple hours with the underlying intention of trying to retrace your steps back to the venue. It wasn't boding well for you so far, but hey: Cologne was absolutely beautiful.