The Way You Lie (Harry Styles)

just another catfish au ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i thought i would try dabbling in the art form that is harry styles imagines so pls let me know what u think!!!!!!!!

~

You never considered yourself to be a particularly lucky person – if anything, you attracted bad luck more than good – but something must have been on your side the day you met the person that had been catfishing you.

You were never really one to let something like being lied to affect you – why should you waste tears on someone who clearly doesn't think you're worth the truth? – but something about this entire situation made you feel like you wanted to cry with every breath you took.

It had only been two days since the Catfish crew came into your life, wanting to help you finally meet the person you honestly thought you were in love with. The whole thing was a textbook catfishing when you looked back on it: the refusing to FaceTime, the avoiding mentions of meeting in person, the changing of subjects when you tried to push him to agree... To be honest, you felt incredibly stupid for allowing it to go on for so long when you knew it was too good to be true.

You were sitting in your hotel room with Nev, Max, and a couple other members of the crew, waiting for Harry – or whatever his name was – to show up. You thought it was weird that he insisted on meeting in your room, but at this point, you were too nervous about finally seeing him face-to-face to care about where you were.

You jumped when you heard a knock on the door, causing Nev and Max to look at you. They could tell that you were breathing in and out slowly, just trying to maintain what little composure you had left.

"I, uh... I guess I'll get it," Nev said, getting up from his seat.

You remained sat on the edge of the bed, your knuckles white from how tightly you were gripping the sheets beside your thighs and you were starting to taste blood from how harshly you were chewing on your cheek. Max was sitting on the chair that belonged at the desk, scooting over to the bed and putting his hand on your shoulder as a form of comfort, which you really appreciated.

You were still breathing deeply, your heart rate picking up when you heard Nev open the door. The next thing you heard was everyone in the room lose their breath, making your own head snap up to see what was happening.

"What the fuck...?" you trailed off in a whisper when you saw Harry Styles at the door. You were obviously a big fan of his and, to be honest, you were starting to think you were actually starring in an episode of Punk'd instead of Catfish.

"Harry...?" Nev asked, despite knowing 100% that that was his name.

"Hello," Harry smiled shyly, shaking his hand when he extended it to him.

"Um... Well, come on in," he insisted, stepping out of the way to let him pass. "This is Max-" Nev introduced the two as the man beside you got up from his seat. The two shook hands, but Harry's eyes were still on you, understandably not surprised by the shocked expression still on your face. "-and I'm sure you already know Y/N," he finished.

"Yeah," Harry murmured, "I know her well." He didn't know whether or not you'd go for it, but he held his hand out to you anyway.

You finally tore your eyes away from his to look at the hand extended to you, surprising yourself when you managed to raise your own arm and put your hand in his. You felt your cheeks get hot when he lifted it up and kissed your knuckles.

"It may be a lot to ask right now," he said, looking at you, "But would it be okay if I hugged you?"

And you knew that if this were any other person, you would have said no. But because it was him and because you were purely just still in shock, you quickly stood up and wrapped your arms around his waist.