Love You Most (Michael Clifford)

i got a request (http://daniellesimagines.tumblr.com/post/162406510882/hey-bro-i-think-your-writing-is-pretty-freaking) for a michael meeting the family thing that i was originally gonna put it in this but it's already like 2k words so 😅😅

i was just thinking of making a part two where it's the actual request, so pls let me know if that's something yall would be into or if i should just write an entirely new thing!!!!!

thank u friends!!!!! i hope u like it!!!!!

~

You'd been so excited for your family reunion since the day your mother told you when it was three months ago. Your parents were hosting it at their house this year, and your mom – and you as well – were happy when your boyfriend agreed to tag along to officially meet the family. Michael had only met your parents and older sister – as well as a couple extended family members you'd both gone to high school with before you started dating – and the rest of the family was excited to finally meet the man you'd been talking about ever since he'd asked you on that first date nearly three years ago.

But, as the day progressed, you were starting to think it wasn't going to happen anymore.

Michael had been gone for a week on a camping trip with some old friends, assuring you before he left that he would be back hours before the reunion started. But he wasn't. And you tried texting him and asking where he was, but he never answered. So you were forced to show up alone.

Everyone was already at your parents' house by the time you arrived – you couldn't wait for Michael forever – and they obviously asked you where your boyfriend was. You made up an excuse – that he'd been called into the studio that morning and would be a little late – and luckily, they believed it. But you knew you couldn't stall for him forever.

You spent the first hour after arriving stealing glances at your phone, waiting for Michael to text you back, before you finally decided to just call him. But you were surprised when you went to unlock your phone and it started ringing, your boyfriend's name coming up on the screen. You excused yourself from the group, heading upstairs where it was quiet so you could answer.

"Why aren't you home?" Michael asked before you could even say hello, "I come back after a week-long trip wanting to see my girlfriend and you're not even here." You could hear his pout, but you were far from being in the mood for it.

"You know damn well where I am," you snapped back. And he instantly got defensive.

"If I knew where you were, I wouldn't have asked, Y/N," he said your name, only making you more upset with him.

Michael never used your name – he hadn't used it since you officially started dating – so to hear him calling you anything other than the nicknames you'd grown so used to hearing, it sent you over the edge, beyond over whatever excuses he had for not showing up.

"If you want to play dumb about something I've been reminding you of for the last three months, then by all means, go ahead," you stated dryly, "But when you finally come to terms with how annoying your forgetfulness can be, you can come here and apologize to everyone."

You didn't give Michael a chance to respond, hanging up the phone and taking a deep breath. You wiped off the tears of frustration from your face, not wanting anyone to know you'd just had a fight with the person they were supposedly still going to meet today.

~

Another two hours passed and, after playing with your younger cousins for a while, you found yourself in the living room. Some random sporting game was on the TV but, to be honest, you were willing to use whatever distraction you could. Until someone else came into the room, obviously.