Safety Net (Calum Hood) - Part 3 *

requested by anonymous on tumblr

Warning: Mentions of abuse, like one swear

~

Six months later

It was a normal day on tour with 5 Seconds of Summer. The boys were in the middle of soundcheck while you were sitting on the couch in their dressing room, editing that week's tour diary. After a couple weeks of getting settled into the routine they had on tour, you decided that you would take on the role of filming the band's antics throughout tour because, from a fan's perspective, you always loved watching the tour diaries and thought it would be cool to follow them throughout the week and upload a video every Sunday morning.

The boys, despite your protests, bought you a camera you could use for filming as well as take photos if you wanted to. They were smart in the sense that they'd had their manager purchase a camera a month before giving it to you – the exact amount of time that the return policy was no longer available – so that you were forced to either use it, or let it collect dust in a drawer on the bus. And you certainly weren't going to sentence it to darkness.

You were almost finished editing your footage when the dressing room door opened. You looked up, smiling at the band member you'd been calling your boyfriend for the last five months.

"Hi, Cal," you greeted him, earning a sly wink in response.

"Hey, princess," he replied, leaning against the door frame.

"How was soundcheck?"

"Not much to report," he shrugged, "Same old songs we've been playing on this tour."

"You could always add some older ones," you suggested, making him laugh.

"In your dreams, maybe," he returned, "Anyway, since soundcheck is done and we have some time to kill before meet and greet, I thought you and I could go get some lunch."

"Sure," you nodded, "I'm almost done here; I just have to finish editing this tour diary."

"That doesn't have to be done until tomorrow," he insisted, "I wanna go now."

"Tomorrow morning," you corrected, "And I don't want to stay up all night trying to get it done just because-"

"Just because what, Y/N?" he snapped, "Just because your boyfriend wants to spend time with you?"

"Cal," you sighed, "That's not-"

"That's not what you meant? Then what did you mean?" he asked, taking you by surprise – you didn't expect it to turn into a full-fledged fight.

You knew it was a rhetorical question – you knew he didn't care for an answer – but you still gave him one anyway. Well... You tried.

"I meant I can't just drop everything because someone wants to go out and do something!" you insisted, "You guys brought me along to film your tour diaries and I still have to edit and post them – that's what I'm being paid for!"

"That's not why we brought you along."

"Really? Then why did you bring me along, Calum?"

"You know why, Y/N," he rolled his eyes.

"I seem to remember me not wanting to come, and then you offering me a job," you stated, "But if I'm wrong, please let me know."

"Did you want to stay with your father?!" he suddenly raised his voice again – and you'd be lying if you said your heart rate wasn't starting to pick up at the tone, "Because if you'd rather go back to being hit every single day for absolutely no reason, I'd be happy to buy you a plane ticket back!"