Safety Net (Calum Hood) - Part 2 *

requested by anonymous on tumblr

Warnings: Mention of abuse, blood

~

Calum's POV

"What do I tell everyone else?" you asked randomly. You and Calum had been in a comfortable silence for the last few minutes – him on his phone replying to messages and tweets and you on your own playing a game.

You were now in the band's dressing room, sitting with Calum on the couch. You'd already told the rest of the boys and their tour manager what was going on – and they obviously had no issues with you joining them on the road – but you were still worried about the way the other people in the crew would react.

"Whatever you want to tell them," he answered, "You don't owe anyone an explanation." You laid your head back on the couch cushion behind you, going quiet again for a moment as you thought about what Calum said.

"I guess so," you agreed, "I do wanna go home for a minute though." Calum opened his mouth to speak, but you didn't even notice. "What time is it?" you asked out loud despite looking at your phone yourself, "Yeah-" You nodded to yourself. "-my dad is still at work. I should have enough time to get everything I need and then get out."

"Y/N, I don't think that's a good idea..."

"I'll be fine, Cal," you promised him, "Please? I won't bring anything we can get at a Walmart or something – I just want my own clothes and my laptop." Calum looked at you for a moment before sighing.

"Fine," he caved, plucking your phone out of your hand, "But I want you to text me if you need help." When he gave you your phone back, you found he'd given you his number. You looked back up at him, smiling.

"Thanks, Cal," you said. You leaned in and kissed his cheek, not even noticing his blush as you pulled away. "I'll be back in like, 45 minutes," you assured him, "And if I'm not, you can – I don't know – call SEAL Team 6 or whatever." Calum rolled his eyes as you left the room, unable to shake the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach that he shouldn't have agreed to let you go alone.

~

Your POV; One hour later

You looked at yourself in your rearview mirror, scowling softly at your fresh wounds. You grabbed the box of tissues you kept in the backseat, doing your best to wipe the blood off of your face before you went back inside the venue. But no matter how much blood you were able to get rid of was going to hide the large cuts above your left eyebrow and on your left cheek or the bruising scattered across the entire left side of your face.

You thought about texting Calum to come outside, not wanting to face the entire band at once, but you also didn't want to deal with his 'I told you so' right away either. But you knew you couldn't avoid them forever – they were expecting you back any minute now, after all – so you just grabbed your backpack from the passenger seat and got out of your car, heading inside.

You managed to avoid the random people scattered throughout backstage, only hearing voices as crew members and venue employees spoke to each other. You breathed a soft sigh of relief when you reached the dressing room door, hearing Ashton, Luke, and Michael talking and messing around.

"Hey, guys," you said as you walked into the room, "I'm back."

"Hey, Y/N!" they chirped in unison. Luckily, none of them looked over at you since they were raiding their clothing trunks trying to decide what to wear for the show that night.

"Where's Cal?" you asked.

"Pretty sure he went to talk to Jeff about getting you a permanent backstage pass," Luke mentioned, making you smile slightly.