Spin the Bottle (Luke Hemmings)

word count: 2053
requested by: none
warnings: swears
au type: frat boy, college, enemies to lovers
summary: spin the bottle is always a fun time until you have to kiss the one person in the circle you can't stand to be around
inspired by: none
authors notes: none
other parts: none

❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀

Would you still have attended the party if you knew Luke was going to be there? Yes. Would you still have agreed to play a game if you knew Luke was playing too? Sure. Would you still have played if you knew that game was spin the bottle and you'd have to kiss Luke? Of course not.

But you would, you had, and you did.

Luke Hemmings was quite possibly the bane of your existence – the root of every problem you seemed to have since the day you met him at college orientation. He hated you and you didn't like him, and that was it.

Until one party game changed it.

It was your turn to spin the bottle, reaching over and giving it the fastest whirl you could. Your eyes followed the neck of the bottle as soon as it stopped spinning, finding it had landed on the boy you were forced to sit next to.

You closed your eyes for a brief moment – why did it have to land in him of all the people in the circle? – before just sucking it up and turning to face him. Luke was already watching you, surprised that you'd even started leaning forward to go through with kissing him at all.

But when you pulled away after pecking his lips, Luke surprised you by grabbing your chin and bringing you back.

He kissed you almost feverishly, as if he'd imagined this moment a million times before. You never thought that Luke would be the type of guy to kiss someone so rough but also delicately at the same time, but he was – and it confused you even more that he kissed that way with you.

But just as quickly as he pulled you in, you were pulling away – hyperaware of all the eyes on you. Luke's hand fell from your face as he sat back upright and let the game continue.

If he was as surprised by his actions as everyone else was, he went through the rest of the game – and the rest of the party – without showing it. And you went through the rest of the game never even noticing Luke's tightened jaw or his clenched fists when you kissed another person.

~

Luke's POV; One week later

"Luke!"

The blonde jumped at the loud yell, shaking his head quickly and finally coming back to reality. He found his frat brother giving him a concerned look – the same look he'd been given since the day of the party.

"You alright, mate?" Ashton asked, "You've been out of it for days now."

"It's nothing," he mumbled, looking back down at the half-eaten breakfast he'd been pushing around on his plate for the last 10 minutes now, "Everything's fine."

But he'd have been stupid to think that Ashton was going to buy that.

"This is about Y/N again, isn't it?" he called him out right away. Luke only sighed – it was obvious he was caught, so what was the point in trying to lie his way out of it? "Mate, why don't you just come clean to her?" Ashton sighed as well, "You haven't been able to stop thinking about her since...you know."

"Obviously she didn't feel anything I did," Luke mumbled, "Not that hard to tell if you ask me."

"Try explaining it then," he retorted, making his best friend look up at him. He gave the blonde a small nod as if to tell him to elaborate on how he was feeling and why he'd been acting the way he had lately.