Camp Rock (Calum Hood) - Part 2

word count: 1894
requested by: none
warnings: none
au type: camp rock, camp
summary: you'd always wanted to go to camp rock and now that you finally were, it seemed like the only place things went from there was down
inspired by: Disney's "Camp Rock"
authors notes: sorry this took 84 years but i'm a trash human :)))))

❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀・・・❀

The next morning

"Did you hear who's coming to Camp Rock this year?" Tess asked Peggy and Ella with an excited grin as the three friends went through the line for breakfast.

"No," Ella shook her head while grabbing a carton of orange juice, "Who is it?"

"Calum Hood!"

"From 5 Seconds of Summer?" Peggy tilted her head.

"Obviously," Tess rolled her eyes.

"Why's he coming here?" Ella went on, "I thought they were still on tour."

"Probably because of his outburst last month," Peggy commented. Tess and Ella looked at her curiously, making her shrug. "What? I read the gossip columns too, you know," she stated, "What's the big deal anyway?"

"Think about it, Peggy!" Tess huffed, "This could be my chance to be discovered!" The girls' conversation faded as they walked to the other end of the mess hall to eat, allowing you to finally speak freely.

"Is that all she ever does?" you asked Caitlyn, who was already beginning to wash dishes when you stopped next to her to dry them, "Talk about 'getting discovered' or whatever?"

"Pretty much," Caitlyn nodded, handing you a wet plate, "But it's only this bad this year because someone famous is coming to camp."

"Won't that be the last thing he'd be interested in doing while he's here? I can't imagine he'll be happy after being forced to leave tour just to have a bunch of people at a summer camp bothering him trying to catch their big break."

"Why would you want to be logical when you could live in Tessville?" Caitlyn snorted, laughing when you shoved her playfully.

"Because living in Tessville sounds like an actual nightmare," you laughed along.

~

An hour later

"Are you ready for your first class at Camp Rock?" Caitlyn bounced beside you as she led you to the cabin down the road from the mess hall.

"Not sure how much good a songwriting class is gonna do," you smiled slightly at her excitement, "I can't even write a song when I'm not under any pressure."

"There's no pressure in Camp Rock classes," she assured you, "Everyone's helping each other out."

"I don't know about that either then," you chuckled, "My best friend in high school and I tried writing a song together for a talent show and ended up with no song, no performance, and we didn't talk to each other for like, three months."

"What could possibly go wrong in a songwriting session?" Caitlyn's eyes widened.

"You're asking what can go wrong between two stubborn teenage girls and a difference in creativity?"

"God, that sounds awful," she sighed, "You both at least apologized and made up, right?"

"Took us three months but yeah, eventually," you giggled at the memory, "Probably would have been sooner, but like I said: stubborn."