Into the Spotlight (Calum Hood)

requested by ballet-bm and anonymous on tumblr

i combined two requests and it's gonna have to be ok bc i can't take it back now lmao

i don't really specify this in the imagine so here we go

zoe: vocals/guitar
melody: vocals/bass
nick: drums

also im sorry if southy isnt a boy i dont keep up with the dogs of 5sos pls tell me so i can change it

~

"Y/N!" you heard someone shout your name.

"Yeah, Luke?!" you called back, looking over your shoulder and finding him on the second level of the venue from where you were at your merch table.

"Do you know where Zoe is?! We have to run through Waste the Night and I can't find her!"

"Check the bus lounge! I'm pretty sure she and Mikey are at each other's throats again playing video games!"

"Thank you!" he smiled, trotting away to find her.

"It's really fun to watch those two play together, you know," you heard another voice. You spun around to find Calum smiling at you. "You should have been there when they were playing Call of Duty," he sighed dramatically, "I actually thought she was gonna kill him."

"He keep killing her?" you chuckled softly, finishing putting the shirts on the wall.

"He did it the moment the missions started!" he laughed loudly, "I don't blame her for getting mad!"

"You'd think he'd learn."

"Come on, Y/N – this is Michael Clifford we're talking about; He never learns."

"He stopped grenading her in Rainbow Six though!"

"That's because she threatened to release Southy into the woods behind our house while he was sleeping when you guys were visiting LA," he reminded you, "I'm pretty sure anyone would have stopped grenading her."

"To be fair though, Southy is a smart dog; He'd find his way back home in under an hour."

"I think he was more concerned with the coyotes getting to him first."

"Are you suggesting that Southy couldn't take them down?" you cocked an eyebrow.

"No," he smiled again, "I know he could take 'em down. I don't think Mike would appreciate him being put in the situation of having to though."

"That's because he is a caring father who loves his son very much," you sighed dramatically, making Calum laugh again.

"Anyway," he teased, "Take a break from merch duties for a while – I'm hungry."

"You're always hungry," you stated seriously, "Why don't you go with someone less busy?"

"Luke and Zoe are soundchecking, Mike will play Xbox with Nick when Zoe leaves, Ashton and Melody are Skyping their girlfriends, and I'm lonely," he pouted.

"We've had this discussion before, Cal," you said, "I can't drop everything just because you're bored. Venue will let fans inside in a couple hours and I want to be set up."

"You're practically set up already though!" he whined as you were putting up the last shirt. You were about to protest again when Calum came around the table and wrapped his arms around your waist from behind.

"Calum Thomas," you warned with a roll of your eyes.

"Please," he pouted again, his chin on your shoulder, "We'll be back in an hour." He pressed a kiss to your cheek, making you sigh. You felt him smile and he knew he had won.