Immortal

-Magnus POV-

I sat at my desk supposed to be studying my books and working on spells for my clients but instead I'm trying to plan my wedding for me and Alexander. It has now been four days after I proposed and Alec still hasn't turned immortal yet.

I know he's busy a lot but he always comes home at a decent hour which is why I'm wondering if he doesn't want to do it.

Of course he wants to Magnus. He said yes and loved seeing the mark.

But I can't help but still wonder if he doesn't want to be with me. Every time I bring it up, even on his days off he always changes the subject of looks at me awkwardly.

Half way through the planning I heard the familiar click of the door. I look at the clock and see it reads 3:45pm like always.

"Magnus?"

"In the study!"

I continued looking down at everything. I got the colors we want which is white, gold, and black. And for me a bit of glitter. We also have the cake, decorations and suits ordered.

I heard Alec walk in and sit in a chair across from me.

"Still planning?"

"Just making sure everything is perfect Alexander." I say trying to make my voice happy but failed and made it sound sassy.

I slightly looked up at Alec and he gave me a weird look but quickly brushed it off.

"How's the clients been today?"

"Stupid. I swear today isn't going as planned. They've put me more in a bad mood than they ever had."

I looked at Alec and he slowly stood up and come over to me. Messaging my shoulders a little bit.

"Hey Alec? Can I ask you a question?"

"For you anything."

I took a deep breath because if he refuses again this will be the seventh time he's done it.

"When I proposed you said you wanted to be immortal. It's now three days later. I'm just worried because with the spell it has to be done before a curtain day."

"Oh...... Um. Magnus can we not do it today Okay? How about later? How about we go to Izzy today. She can help plan."

I look down at the papers and think.

'you always say later but it's never going to happen'

"Yeah.........okay."

I slowly stood up and gathered the planning papers and put them in my bag. I walked past Alec and headed to the door.

"Let's go."

-Time Skip- - Alec POV -

I'm sitting at a table talking to Jace while Magnus and Izzy are sitting a couple seats down. I can tell Magnus has been acting different since yesterday, and I don't know why.

"So Magnus when's the date going to be?" Jace asks.

We all look over at Magnus and all he does is shrug and say 'I dont know' before he starts writing again.

Jace gives him a weird look and so does Izzy. They brush it off and he looks at me.

"Hey. Whats wrong with Magnus?"

"I'm not sure. He started acting weird since yesterday."

"And you haven't tried to talk to him about why?"

I looked at Jace and shake my head. We all start talking again and then Izzy gasps.

"What?"

"By the angel, you never showed us the ring! Can I see it?"

I start laughing at her but take it off and let her look at it.

"Awe the word forever is engraved. Why does it say that?"

I look at Magnus but he doesn't do anything. Jace and Izzy look at him too with a weird look once again.

"Hey Magnus. Why does it say forever?"

Magnus looks up and then looks at me.

"It doesn't matter." He says looking at me "I'm going to go find a book." He answered while standing up.

Jace looks at me and I know that look. Before Magnus gets to far I call him. He turns around and I step up to him, the other two staring at us.

"Are you okay?"

"I guess."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He looks up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Are we okay?"

I loose my breath and look at Magnus in the eye.

"Of course. Why wouldn't we be?"

"Because for the past couple days you keep refusing. I know its hard but every time you say 'Not today' 'why do I have to do it?' I'll do it later'......... If you never wanted to be with me forever then why did you give me hope on saying yes to becoming immortal?"

He slowly walks off and exits the library, slamming the doors making us all jump.

"Alec." I hear my sister's stern voice.

I turn around and look at my siblings.

"You told him yes when he proposed. Why aren't you anymore?"

"I'm just scared. I'll watch you all die." Alec says looking down.

"Alec we will always be there for you. But when someone, the love of your life, ask to be with you forever and you say yes then you do it. I'm happy for you and so is Jace. And Magnus obviously hates that you did that to him."

I nod and was ready to get up Before I heard the doors open. I saw Magnus walk in with a some giant thing in his hands.

"What's that?"

"Our suits came, thought you would want to see them."

He handed them to me and sat down in the chair he once was in.

"So we have the cake, decorations, colors, and we ordered the suits. All we have to do is do invitation, tell people what color the dresses and suits will be and the date." Magnus says looking at all the plans.

"Hey Magnus can we talk?"

Magnus stops what he's doing and looks at me.

"I guess."

I nod my head and stand up while Magnus does too. He leads me outside the library and suits the doors behind us.

"Talk."

"I didn't know that me rejecting you was making you upset. I'm sorry. I love you a lot I've just been scared. I would have to watch my siblings die and that's hard for me. I should of told you that first off than ignoring the situation. I want to do it. But can we wait for the wedding day?"

Magnus looks up at me and nods his head.

"In front of everyone? I have to give you a potion and say some words and I'll work. Usually I have to use my own blood so that means you'll get cat eyes. You'll be part Warlock."

"That's fine. I love you and I want to do it. I was just scared to tell you how I felt."

"It's okay. I love you too."