4. Taking Care

Arriving at Magnus apartment he heads to the the kitchen so I make my way to the living room. I sit on the edge of the couch not wanting to feel "at home".

Magnus soon comes back with some medication and something liquid. I eye it suspiciously and Magnus catches me.

"It's not going to kill you. It's just something to put on cuts to help them heal. It may sting though." Magnus says opening the bottle.

He puts a cotton ball at the top of the bottle then tilts it. He puts the bottle back on the table and comes over patting the cut. I wince instantly at the stinging.

Once Magnus is done cleaning my cuts he goes back to the kitchen and the heads to his bedroom. He comes back with some clothes and hands them to me.

"You should get dressed into something warm." He says lying the clothes on the couch. He walks over the chair and sits down grabbing a cup.

Making my way to the bathroom I dress quickly and exit. I see some pictures he still has of us hanging on his wall which makes me smile sadly.

I walk back into the living room and sit on the edge of the couch, farthest from Magnus. I look at my hands and start messing with the edge of my shirt.

I see a tear drop on my hand I look at it in shock. I didn't even know I started crying. I continue softly crying until I stand up and head to the bathroom grabbing some tissues.

"Alec?" I hear Mangus says right out side of the bathroom.

"I'm fine.." I say quietly. I look in the mirror and shake my head while I lie to the both of us, "I'm fine." I say my voice cracking again.

"No you're not. Please come out of the bathroom."

I unlock the door and open it slowly and I see Magnus giving me a sad look.

"Want to talk about it?"

"I don't know..." I answer honestly.

"Well you can't bundle it up. You taught me that."  Magnus says. I feel myself tearing up again and look at Magnus. He grabs my hand and leads me to the bed. We sit on the edge and I wipe my eyes.

"I just don't know what to do anymore Magnus. It feels like I'm all alone, that I don't have anybody.

If you never called me I would still be on the streets, probably forever."

"You could of called me first you know."

"I couldn't do it. I thought about it but when you kicked me and we broke up." I stop mid sentence and held back the tears before clearing my voice and continuing, "I thought you didnt care anymore and I thought you wouldn't help me."

"Why would you think that?"

"Because you told me you never wanted to see me again. I thought you hated me."

"You kissed Liam."

"No I didn't." I say with tears in my eyes, "We were just talking and when he heard your voice he kissed me. I didn't kiss him back." I say looking at him, "I wouldn't do that to you."

"So what did you do.....after I kicked you out?"

"Cried mostly. Stated in my room. Drank a little." I say honestly, "part of the reason I got kicked out of my parents place. They said I shouldn't be crying over a man." I say looking at Magnus.

"I should probably go to bed." I say standing up, "goodnight." I say to Magnus before walking out of his room.