8. Driving With An Ex- Lover

Looking out the window I watch as the scenery rushes past me and getting lost in the distance. There's a faint sound of the motor running, the music softly and quietly playing, and the sound of Alec humming.

I look over at Alec and see he's only focused on the road and I look back out the window wondering when we are going to speak since it's been an hour.

"Obviously there's something on your mind. Want to share?" Alec says not looking from the road ahead.

"Why are you doing this?"

"What?"

"Trying so hard. It's been four years and you are now just trying to talk. Taking me to a place I don't know." Magnus says still looking out the window.

"Magnus." Alec sighs and he turns off the radio. " We aren't kids anymore. If this happened sooner like in school this process would be hard but difficult.

We would probably still hate each other or dislike each other. We would have some kind of health issue. And we would be on a similar drive like this but instead going to Vegas or Flordia or some crazy state like that and get a tattoo.

Yes we might have a more difficult problem since we didn't talk for years but we are also Twenty-Two not Eighteen. We learn to get over our past, right?" Alec asks and I take a deep breath.

"Alec you might of had it tough in school with Sebastian but you didnt go through Hell and back. You didn't have to climb your way out of hell to get to safety.

Once I climbed out I wasnt in the greatest place Alec. We stopped talking completely and school was over. Just because Sebastian wasn't ruling and ruining my life doesn't mean I still had demons attached to me.

I went through death right after high school. I dealt with a bunch of things. I was finally through all the side effects of Hell at the end of May last year and now that it's August and you're back no offense but it's like the demon came back and is slowly taking me back to Hell.

I'm only in the side effects but I can either go right or left and going left will be harder than going right." I say trying to make it easy to follow.

"What have you gone through Magnus? No one should be thinking about that. Explaining their life like that."

"Well when you're me then that's the only way to describe it for people to understand. But right now I think isn't a great time to tell you everything."

"Why not? Magnus you haven't told me anything since the restaurant and it's driving me nuts because you tell me you've gone through Hell but then you won't tell me anything."

"Because if I tell you A. You will hate me more or B. Put me in  fucking therapy and Clary has already tried and it hasn't worked. So that's why I'm scared Alec."

"You shouldn't be scared with me."

"Oh my god Alec. Have you forgotten that the last four years didn't happen? You completely stopped talking to me and show up four years later with a boyfriend who was a total dick toward me and then show up at my door asking me to explain myself. Of course I'm scared to tell you things."

"Well you shouldn't because I'm going to help you out for now on." Alec says with a small smile, turning on the radio and continues driving.