7. Mission and Comfort

Sitting on the couch in the living room I see Max walk down the stairs in his gear. I smile at Max as he sits next to me.

"There not going to take us somewhere to dangerous right?"

"Of course not." I say to Max. I grab his hand and we both make our way to the insitute. Once we enter the large wooden doors I see my siblings with their kids and partners. I see Magnus too.

Magnus says something to Izzy real quick before walking toward us.

"Hey Max." Magnus says with a small smile.

"Hi Magnus. Do you need to talk to my dad personally?"

"Not this time. You ready for your mission?"

"I'm a little nervous." Max says as he looks at me. He then looks at Magnus and smiles, "I'm going to go Uncle Jace so you guys can talk." Max says walking away. I smile at Max and look up at Magnus.

"Hey."

"Hi." Magnus replies. He messes with his rings a little bit but looks me straight in the eyes.

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today? Maybe catch up a bit?"

"I'd love to. Could we make it back at the insitute at four?"

"Sure."

"Great. I'm going to say bye to Max first okay?" I tell Magnus. I walk over to Max and kneel beside him.

"You be careful okay? I'll be back at four, you should be back here by then too. I love you."

"I love you too Dad. Have fun with Magnus." Max says smiling.

"Thank you, I will." I tell Max as I stand up and mess up his hair. I then walk away and make my way outside with Magnus by my side.