1. A Unexpected Turn

Walking down the streets of New York I pull Mangus closer making him giggle. I look down at Magnus giving him a loving look and a small smirk. Looking around all I can do is admire how beautiful it is.

It's currently winter in New York so the trees and the ground are covered in a icy fluffy combination that makes it look like a winter wonderland. The street lights flowing perfectly on the white blankets of snow and the little snow flakes that land gracefully.

The light hits just right on Mangus' tan skin and the snow on Mangus' hair makes him stunning. His red scarf around his neck, the puffy black jacket, skinny jeans and black boots make him absolutely gorgeous.

"What are you staring at?"

"Just how beautiful everything is and especially how stunning you look right now."

"Now when did my boyfriend become such a sap?"

"Since the day I met you." I say leaning in and kissing him. He smiles at me when we finally pull away. Our hands in front of each other and the lights still shining off.

I see a small flower pin in the snow and I smile knowing Mangus would love it, even though it technically isn't mine. I give him a small kiss on the cheek and tell him 'I'll be back I see something in the snow.' he nods at me and I walk beside him walking over in the pile of snow.

I turn around and see Mangus smiling at me. Turning around I make a couple more steps and dig in the snow looking for the rose gold flower pin.

Finally having it in my hands I smile at it and turn around. I see Mangus on the ground clutching his stomach and one of his hands holding his head. I run toward him and looking down the sidewalk seeing a demon running away.

Quickly I pull away Mangus hand to see his head has been hit and I look around to see a rock near by. I look at his stomach too and see long gashes.

Putting the flower in my pocket I pick Mangus up bridal style and quickly make my way toward the insitute.

Slipping a few times I finally reach the snow covered doors and bang loudly on them. The doors swing open and I see my parents and Isabelle staring at me as the cold air makes it's way inside.

My parents lead my inside quickly as I look back before the doors close and remember how just a little while ago it was all perfect and now I'm caring my injured and almost dying boyfriend.