9. Magnus' Story

Alec pulls up to an old cabin and I instantly know why he took us here. This was the same cabin we stayed in when we were seventeen and the last night we both told each other we loved one another.

After settling down I sit on the bed and take in a deep breath while Alec sits next to me.

"I was hoping this might be an easier place to share our stories."

"I'm still scared to share it with you. Not even Clary knows everything and she's been there more than any one else."

Alec puts his hand on my shoulder and looks me in the eyes.

"Magnus listen to me, you don't need to be afraid okay? I won't judge you and if you need a shoulder to cry on I'm here." Alec says looking at me and I can tell by the look in his eyes tells me he's telling the truth.

"Okay um I don't know where to start."

"Start where ever your comftable. I just want to know what happened to you."

"Okay.....well during Junior year my parents were having a hard time. By that time I thought Sebastian was my friend and he told me if I joined his crew they could help out. I didn't know what they did but I joined for the sake of my family.

When I found out about what the crew did I wanted to leave but they threatened me. I started getting into criminal things like stealing for them.

I finally got out of the crew when I meet you because I didn't want you to be hurt and my family was finally in a good place. Since I left they did small things like threats over text message, phone calls and getting tripped in school.

Soon they got mad because I was with you and they knew I was happy. Soon the threats turned into violence and I was beat up a lot but normally covered it in make up but then when you were involved in that attack I knew I had to do something.

I went to Sebastian and started a fight and one of his guys ended up with a black eye and a concussion. Getting back at me they jumped me at the store but this time they got Valentine involved.

I knew you left because you wanted to protect your family but I was then left alone which let them get to me easier. I got pissed because you left and their attacks got worse. That's why I was so mad because I thought you stopped loving me. I thought you hated me for good." I said taking a deep breath tears stinging in my eyes.

"After high school Sebastian did one more threat which was toward my parents. I didn't take him Seriosuly but then one day they both left and the next thing I know the hospital is calling telling me they got in a car accident and they didn't make it.

Being 18 I didn't have to go in foster care or anything so Clary helped out and helped me get an apartment.

For the past four years I dealt with depression and anxiety and I have multiple scars. I'm so broken I can barley look in the mirror. I can't even fall asleep without something getting into my dreams.

And once you came back when I thought I was getting better every memorie of every single event came back to mind and I can't get it out of my head." I confess with tears running down my face.

"I lost so much and I was terrified to go to that reunion and after seeing you with a new boyfriend I thought you defiantly forgotten me today especially how you reacted when you saw me. I thought for good we were over forever." I add and ball my hands into fist to stop them from shaking. I feel Alec cover my hands with his and I look up at him.

"Magnus I didn't know."

"Because you never took the time to understand." I tell him honestly, "You just ran and never came back."

"I wish I could be with you."

"Why can't you?"

"Because I'm dating Sebastian." Alec says quietly. I look at Alec quickly and drop his hands scooting away.

"What?"

Yeah...........sorry?