3. Finding A Place

I wake up to someone pushing me slightly and a rough voice of someone saying 'sir'. When I open my eyes completely I see it's two officers. I sigh and sit up looking at the men.

"You can't sleep here sir." One of the officers say. I nod my head and put the picture into my backpack and put it on my lap.

"Aren't you a little young to be living on the streets? And what happened to your cheek, son?" The other officer asks. I look up at them and nod my head.

"I got kicked out of my house and some guys robbed me." I say with no emotion in my voice, "what time is it anyways?"

"Almost two in the morning. Find somewhere to stay okay and be safe." The younger officer says. They both walk off toward their car as I stand up and continue walking. Not finding a place I look at my phone and see a missed call and a text message.

I see that the call happened before I got robbed and the text message was a little after I feel asleep.

I see that they were both from Magnus. I sigh and shake my head knowing the only reason he called was because he saw me looking at the party.

I slowly push the call button not caring what time it is even though a part of me knows I might regret doing this, since he doesn't like me much right now.

"Hello?" Comes a sleepy voice. I breath in and out and start talking.

"Hi.....It's um Alec."

"Why are you calling me at 2 in the morning?" Magnus says sighing. I feel tears in my eyes as I can picture what he might look like right now.

Rolling his eyes, his hand on his forehead and maybe even grabbing some alcohol.

"I - I missed your call and I haven't looked at your text."

"I was just wondering why you were looking into the party I was intending."

"I was taking a walk........still kinda am." I say quietly. I hear a cup in the background slam on the counter.

"Why are you still walking at 2 in the morning??"

"I ---- I'm." I start to cry before I could even finish my sentence, "I'm homeless Magnus. My parents kicked me out, Jace and Simon already have people living at their house and there's no room for me.

I slept on a fucking bench for crying out loud! And I have cuts all over my body because I got robbed! I'm cold, I'm wet, I'm tired and not only am I homeless, I'm broke. That bastard took all my money." I say crying. I then find my self lying on the ground once again with only a wall behind me to support me body.

"Oh, Alexander..."

"And -- and you left me! You kicked me out to and for once I couldn't come to you. I --- I don't know what to do." I say crying harder. I hear Magnus sigh and I wipe my eyes quickly.

"Where are you?"

"Ummm across the street from that pizza place we had are 3rd date at."

"That's all the way across town!" I hear Magnus sigh, "I'll be there as quick as possible though. Don't go anywhere and try not to get your self killed either."

"I'll try." I say quietly before I hang up the phone. I take out my blanket from my backpack which is now soaked in mud from my muddy clothes.

I shrug my shoulders anyway and throw the blanket over my shoulders and put my head on my knees.

After a good thirty minutes I see a car pull up and Magnus comes out in sweats, a jacket and tennis shoes. I laugh quietly since he's not dressed up.

He slowly makes his way toward me and takes off my blanket. He takes me backpack next and puts it in his trunk and then walk back over to me.

He helps me stand up and He notices the cuts on my neck and cheek.

"Alexander...."

"It's fine. Let's just go." I say pushing his hand away slightly. He nods his head and we both make our way to his car driving off toward his apartment.