3. Choices

I walk back and forth in the living room wondering what I should do. I could wait it out but that could take another two years or go to thearpy.

After pacing in the living room for almost thirty minutes I hear the front door open and see Magnus walk into the living room making me stop walking.

"What are you doing?"

'Pacing.' I tell him and sit on the couch. He walks over to me and puts his arm around my shoulders.

"And why were you pacing?"

'Just wondering what I should do. It's been almost five days since the appointment.'

"And have you decided?" Magnus ask making me look at him.

'I think so. I just hope it's the right choice.'

*Time Skip - Next Day*

"Mr.Lightwood it's going to be difficult at first. You haven't used your voice in two years. Don't get agitated."

'I just wish therapy would be quicker than this.'

"It'll defiantly be quicker than waiting it out Mr.Lightwood. Now try again. Clear your throat once again and try saying 'Okay' you almost had it."

I take a deep breath and clear my throat making my throat tingle. I then form my lips into the O shape and try speaking.

"Oo------oo." Is all I hear come out. I sigh loudly and look at my doctor.

'That's the only thing that will come out.'

"Mr.Lightwood have you ever tried speaking since that mission?"

'Once.'

"Okay. Did you ever hear anything?"

'No.'

"Then this is a improvement Mr.Lightwood. We just need to reteach you simple words. Maybe ask Magnus to read to you every day. Advanced books. It's normally helps developing words. Okay?"

'Okay.'

"Good now go home and get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow."