7. News Spreads

"Are you sure you want to do this Alexander?"

"W-why wouldn't I be?" I ask Magnus.

"I don't know. I'm scared how they will react to the engagement. Your parents they.."

"Hey. I a-am happy with you. T-thats all that matters." I tell Mangus holding his hands. He smiles at lovingly and stares into my eyes.

"What?"

"I'm just happy. Hearing your voice  and seeing you so happy too. I can't get enough of it."

"You're cheesy." I tell Mangus laughing.

"Alec! Oh you ruined the moment." Magnus says faking a pout.

"I'm sorry. Now s-should we get going?" I ask Mangus giving him my hand. He smiles up at me, grabbing my hand and walking out of the loft.

*Time Skip - New York Insitute - Library*

"Alec what is this all about? You are really worrying me. Mangus says it is a emergency." My mom says sitting next to my father on the couch as Clary, Izzy and Jace sit in the other couch and Simon stands with Luke too, "I've also got to ask. Why is everyone here?"

"Well there's just very important news. Well two very important news." Magnus says looking over me with a smile, "The first news is that...... We are engaged!" Magnus tells everyone. Immediately everyone got a smile on their faces, even my dad. Everyone said congrats to us and by now I was getting nervous again.

"Oh come on guys. You are making us nervous. What's the other news?" Luke asks.

"Actually Alec wants to tell you guys."

Everyone immediately looks at me and I look over smiling at Mangus. He nods his head and I take a deep breath looking back at everyone.

"I got my voice back." I say without any hesitation. Everyone's eyes go wide and their mouths hang open, just like how Mangus reacted.

Izzy immediately stood up embracing me in a hug, "By the angel Alec! I never thought I would hear my big brothers voice again. I'm so freaking proud and happy."

"Thank you Izzy."

"Are you not stuttering either?"

"I am sometimes. I-it's slowly going away." I tell Izzy. After everyone hugs me Jace and Izzy start whispering with Magnus.

"What are y-you planning?" I ask the three of them.

"We want to throw a party for you."

"O-okay."

"Really?!" Magnus says with a giant smile.

"Yes really."

"Oh great!"

*Time Skip - Pandemonium- Midnight*

Lights are flickering everywhere while my entire family, friends and even some of Mangus' friends dance around while drinking.

After finding Mangus sitting down I walk over handing him a drink. He smiles at me as I sit down, taking a sip of his cocktail.

"Thank you for t-this. It means alot." I tell Mangus smiling.

"You deserve it Alexander. We deserve it." Magnus says making me smile. I pull him up quickly and head to the dance floor as a semi-slow song plays. Everyone is either dancing with their partners by now or just watching.

"I love you Alexander. Very much." Mangus says after awhile. He plays with my hair while we dance and I smile.

"I love you too Mangus. A-nd I always will." I say as he puts his face in the crook of my neck,"thank you. For everything."