4. Packing My Things

I walk back into the infirmary when everyone left. Mangus looks at me as he lays on the bed pulling down his shirt, probably from looking at his scars.

"What do you need Alec?"

"We need to go to our ----- I mean your loft. They released you." I say giving him and small smile. Quickly I look down and fidget with my sweater while my heart aches.

"You said our loft." Mangus says making me look at him, "why did you say that?"

"It doesn't matter anymore Mangus. We just need to get you home okay?" I say looking back down. I hear Mangus walk toward me and I lead him out heading to his loft.

Arriving at the apartment I unlock the door with my key. Inside its filled with both our stuff and I know I have to pack it all.

"Who's stuff is this?" Mangus ask touching things.

"Mine." I say quietly heading to the bedroom and grabbing bags. He follows me and gives me a weird look when I take my clothes out of the drawer and put them in bags.

"Why do you have clothes in my bedroom. Why is all our stuff in my house?" Mangus asks.

"It doesn't matter anymore Mangus. You don't remember anything about us so just drop it."

"No tell me Alec." Mangus says putting his hand on my shoulder making me flinch back. He looks at me and his eyes go gentle when he sees tears ready to fall.

"I might not like you anymore Alec but I still remember what you do when your upset. Tell me." Mangus says making me sigh and sit on the bed. He sits with me and all I do is look at my bags.

"What you remember obviously didn't happen in this world Magnus. You and Camille aren't a thing. You guys stopped dating a long time ago. Years even.

I never married Lydia. You walked into my wedding and we both kissed right there in front of everyone. Valentine is dead too.

You and I have been together for almost three years now. I live with you. We said 'I love you' to each other the first couple months of dating.

You and Jace despise each other. You and Izzy love to talk about makeup and fashion. You love Clary like she's your own daughter. You've basically adopted Simon and Rapheal.

I am your boyfriend. Well was your boyfriend. You and I were walking in the park together at night. Enjoying the snow. And when I picked something off the ground I turned around to see you clutching your stomach and you had a head injury.

I carried you to the institute as fast as I could. And you were already in a coma basically when I arrived." I say taking a deep breath. I look at Mangus and pull out the flower pin.

"I stood by your bed for two weeks Mangus. I held your hand, I talked to you, I barley even slept. The only time I left that room was to eat." I slowly hand him the pin and small tears escape my eyes.

"This is what I was going to give you. Its not techinally mine but I found it and I knew you would love it. I know you can't remember anything but I want you to have it still.

Please promise me you won't contact Camille. She was a real bitch to you and I don't want you to get hurt again by the same person. Please don't contact Ragnor. That's a different story for a different time unless you remeber.

Trust me you don't want to get hurt by that again. Contact Catarina she is only a portal away and she's not a Bitch or threat.

Just take care of your self." I say standing up and continuing packing my bags.

"You and I really dated?" Mangus whispers. I stop packing and look at him.

"Tomorrow was our four year anniversary. I had a surprise for you too."

"Four years?"

"Four years Mangus."

"So why dont I remember anything? When was the last time I spoken to Camille."

"Maybe almost five years ago? I'm not sure. But that we before we dated. You two were broken up long before that."

"And Lydia?"

"That happened four years ago too."

"Ragnor?"

"Four years."

"So I can remember anything four years and back but not anything else?"

"Sounds correct." I say zipping my suit case.

"How much does this pain you Alec?"

"What?"

"How much does it pain you. To see me like this. Not remembering you."

"My heart is broken literally. I miss you knowing I cant do anything with you anymore. You made the past four years everything to me. It pains me alot."

"I want to remember."

"There's no way you can."

"Maybe you can stay here?"

"Mangus. I can't."

"Please? Or at least tell me more stories. Or kiss me if you must to spark something I don't know. From what you said and what your sister said earlier it sounds like I'm missing out and it was my own relationship."

"Fine. I'll stay but in the guest bedroom. And I'm not kissing you Mangus."

"What if it sparks something?"

"Unless you really want it I will but I'm not kissing you." I tell him taking my bag to my room.

"Goodnight Magnus."

"Night."