Break - Up

As I sit at the table during a meeting with familiar friends I notice Magnus. I'm having a meeting with Rapheal, Meliorn, Luke and Magnus. As Jace and Izzy stand behind me.

"How can we trust you Alec?"

"If you are talking about the situation with the soul sword, I am sorry for not telling anyone, but I was scared of mass panic. But compared to me and the Clave, I will not lie and I am trying to seek help with the down world."

"And how can we trust you want to actually help Downworlders?" Magnus says out of no where. I notice Luke and Rapheal look at him, obviously knowing about the break up.

"You have my word that I want to help Downworlders. I have invited them to this institute when I became Head even despite the hate I got. I want to make sure everyone is safe."

"You do? And how can I or we know for sure?"

"I was dating a Warlock, if that's enough proof for you Magnus." I say with sadness and hate in my voice.

Magnus immediately looks away and nods his head. "Good. Any other questions?"

I get mumbles of 'no' and I stand up.

"Good. Meeting over." I say looking at Magnus and walking out of the room.

- Magnus POV -

I watch as Alec stands up and calls the end of the meeting. I watch as he gives me one more look with tears in his eyes, as he turns around and walks away.

Jace and Izzy are next to leave and now I'm in a room with Luke, Rapheal and Meliorn.

"If I believe so, I think you've made the shadowhunte upset." Rapheal says looking at me. I give him a death look.

"Don't push it Rapheal." I say standing up.

"Where you going?"

"To find the upset Shadowhunter, as you call him." I say walking out of the room and heading to Alec's bedroom.

-Alec POV-

I enter my bed room and sit on the bed with my head in my hands. I quickly wipe the tears away even though my eyes are still puffy.

I was always known as a emotional drinker when things got too bad, so I pick up the bottle and pour myself a couple of drinks.

With the war, breaking laws, and Magnus breaking up with me, everything has basically gone hill for me.

As I drink my fourth drink I sit on my bed as there's a knock on my door.

"Enter." I say with no emotion. I look up as the door opens and see Magnus. I quickly look away and chug my entire drink, grabbing another one.

Before I can bring it to my lips, Magnus pulls it away from me and sits down. "I know you're an emotional drinker, so stop drinking before you do something stupid."

I continue looking away from Magnus and feel my eyes water again.

"Listen, I  have to do what I need to do to help my people. But I do miss you, deeply."

I don't answer Magnus and I let him continue.

"I love you Alexander." He whispers. "And I'm sorry for what I did. I know I can have both and I'm willing to have both."

I continue looking away and feel tears go down my face. My breathing gets faster and it's hard to talk right now. Magnus instantly pulls me into a hug and plays with my hair as I'm laying down in his arms, as my face is pushed into his chest.

"I'm sorry Alexander. I never meant to hurt you."

"I-- I've hurt you, too." I finally say. "I've hurt you a- a lot."

Magnus look down at me and moves his hand to my cheek. "Stop. You didn't mean to hurt me. So don't beat your self up for it."

"I missed you Magnus." I say as Magnus moves us, so we are laying down.

"I missed you too Alexander, so much."

Magnus slowly leans in and kissing me, as I kiss back.

"I'm deeply, truly, sorry." Magnus says.

"So am I." I say as Magnus touches my cheek and wipes away my tears.

"Please, be mine again?"

"I will always be yours, forever."