Soul Mates? AU

- Alec POV-

It's known for Downworlders and Shadowhunters to be chosen a soulmate. At a certain age you are known to get a name on your wrist and that is supposed to be your soulmate.

I am now 15 years old and as silly as it is Jace and Izzy already have their name. It's also not fair that it's their best friends Clary and Simon.

Another year passes and I'm now, of course, 16. We were all sitting on the couch, the two couples being gross while I'm third wheeling.

During a commercial my brother Jace speaks up.

"So Alec, you have any body yet? Or you going to be a loner all your life?"

I give him a death stare but it truly actually hurt. They all have their soulmate and it upsets me that it was with their friends. I hear Jace yell while Izzy slapped him on the arm.

"Seriosuly Jace?"

"What did you do that for?" Jace looks at Izzy.

I looked at him and scoff.

"Don't act like you didn't deserve it." I say standing up and heading to the kitchen. I grab a drink and quickly come back to the living room.

Once I reach the chair I was in a light glows in my wrist and everyone looks at me. When the light fades I cant believe my eyes.

"W-what?" I say looking at my wrist.

Izzy looks at everyone and then me.

"Alec? Did it happen?"

I continue looking at my wrist and I'm shocked. Jace tries grabbing it but I yank my hand away.

"Don't!"

"What. Is it me?" He says with a smirk.

"Trust me Jace, you don't have as much class as you think." I say and storm out of the room.

Once I get outside on the porch I look down at my wrist again.

Magnus Bane

I'm supposed to be in love with a Downworlder. A Warlock in fact.