4. Life

A year after first date

I sit on the couch with my arm wrapped around the smaller man's body with hi head on my shoulder. It's comftable silence between us with the small hum of the radio.

Magnus' cat beside me curled into a ball and Magnus cuddling closer. I smile down at him and wonder how I got so lucky.

"Alec?"

"Yes?"

"Do you ever think about going back as a shadowhunter?" Magnus asks while looking at me making me move my arm a little.

"Sometimes. I miss my brother's but I know Jace is doing a good job taking over and I'm still allowed to visit just like Izzy is."

"Why aren't you allowed back in?"

"Because we are vampires now. There's dangerous things in there that can harm us but wouldn't harm shadowhunters besides some don't approve of Downworlders but Jace has changed that even if they have their own opinion but I know what day I should go and what days I shouldn't.

And I know Izzy is doing fine with Simon and Jace will visit us as soon as he can."

"Do you think you would date me still? If you were a shadowhunter?"

"Of course. I can't change who I am now, I'm a vampire for life but I wouldn't change this between us. Besides I can have you forever and a shadowhunter can't." I say smiling down at Magnus and kissing him passionately.

"You don't ask anymore." Magnus says pulling away.

"I didn't think I had to with my boyfriend." I say with a smile.

"I think it's cute. It reminds me of that first date." Magnus says with a slight blush making me smile too. I lean down to Magnus putting my finger under his chin and look in his eyes hazel meeting yellowish brown

"Can I kiss you?" I ask in a whisper slightly.

"Of course." Magnus says whispering and we both lean in our lips meeting like it was the first time again.