5. Memories

Walking down the streets of New York I find a small brown rusty bench next to the park. New York being cold and dark not to many people are here so I don't have to worry about bumping into anyone.

Thinking back to the restraunt and remembering Alec said 'They would of came after me' keeps replaying and replaying in my mind. Knowing that he was talking about the night he left.

Sitting on the cold dirty ground I stare off into space after Sebastian and Valentine's crew ran off. Not being able to move I painfully sit still waiting for Alec to come out side the store.

After a couple minutes I hear footsteps coming and Alec comes out of hiding, freezing when he sees me.

"Magnus. What the hell happened?"

"I ------ they attacked. I -----."

I can't say anything. I'm in to much pain and shock to say anything. Alec quickly picks me up and starts walking. Soon I go unconscious not knowing where he's taking me.

I wake up in a hospital bed and see Alec sitting next to me, worried.

"Alec?"

Alec looks up surprised I'm awake and comes closer to me. He holds my hand but then soon drops it.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm sore but I'll be okay I guess." I say in a small voice. He smiles at me and looks away.

"Alec are you okay?"

Alec shakes his head and looks at me. "I can't be here anymore Magnus. That's the second attack."

"Alec? Alec what are you saying?"

"I have to protect my family. I have to protect everyone else. I can't stay here."

"Yes, yes you can Alec. Please, I can't lose you. I'll help you."

"You don't understand Magnus! They will come after me too because of what you did because you were one of them before. I'm sorry." Alec says dropping my hand after giving me his necklace I got him and leaving the room.

I wipe my eyes quickly and stand up walking down the street and reaching an old building I remember, High School. I start to remember the time me and Alec first talked about a special place that's just for us.

I sit under the tree with my head on Alec's lap. He's playing with my hair while my eyes are closed.

"Magnus?"

"Hmmm?"

"I think we should have a special place. Just for you and me." Alec says whispering. I start to smile and move my position so I'm sitting against the tree like Alec is.

"What kind of special place?" I asks moving my head to his shoulder.

"Maybe the place we had our first kiss." Alec says smiling. I smile to and think about the place we had it. "In the little field behind school. It's basically hidden with the green house in front of it. No one goes back there."

"I like it. It's now our special field." I say laying back down on his lap.

"Magnus?"

"Mm?"

"I love you."

"I love you too Alexander."

Magnus then walks behind the school seeing the familiar green house that's been here for ages. Slowly he walks behind the house and is welcomed to the small field that now has green grass and some flowers.

He walks over to it and sits down but soon lays on his back looking at the clouds. He thinks about all the memories and all the spots he's been but this one means something special. This spot always reminds him of the good times but he stops and thinks and wonders that maybe if he didn't join Sebastian during Junior year then maybe, just maybe Alec could still be his.