Always

-Alec POV-

Tomorrow Magnus has to leave for a client. I should be used to it by now but I'm not when he was to leave.

He tries to promise to be back at the end of the week of in a couple days but it always ends up being about a month.

Magnus is barley even back from his last trip. He was in London dealing with a werewolf who needed a spell that took two weeks to get ingredients and the rest of the time was fighting the demon.

Right now me and Magnus are in the living room talking and cuddling but he noticed my sudden change of mood.

"Alec? You okay?"

I looked over at Magnus and looked him in the eyes. I know I have forever with him but I hate when's he's gone.

"Oh, of course." I answer with a slight questioning in my voice. "Why wouldn't I be?"

I heard Magnus sigh and he looked in my eyes again, brining his hand to my cheek. He slowly kissed me and looked back in my eyes when we pulled away.

"Does it have to do with tomorrow?" Magnus asked with worry behind it.

I looked away from his eyes and thought about everything we've gone through. The breakup and all the fights and once his job got bigger he started leaving which upset me more.

"I don't want to start a fight about it again. It's fine." I say still looking away from Magnus.

"Alec." Magnus says with stern "Please tell me the truth."

"I just hate when you leave Magnus. You promise to be home in a couple days or a week and it always ends up being a month. Or longer.

    I hate being in this house alone. I go to the insisitute and deal with my parents and other Shadowhunters who put me in a horrible mood.

   And all I want to do is come home. See you. But when I walk through that door you're not here."

Magnus holds me closer and whispers in my ear.

"I hate it too. But it's my job. I'll be back always. I love you."

"I love you too. But your job is as much dangerous as mine. A demon could get out of control and the next thing I know you'll never be walking through that door again.

    You have a fear of me going on hunts. My fear is you going away for work."

"I love you Alexander. I will always be home. Always."

"I love you to Mags. I'll be here when you get back. Always"