2. Party

Walking into the institute it's all decorated. I look down and see Max with nervous eyes. I bend down and hold his shoulders.

"It's going to be okay Max. Just have fun. Why don't you go find Kaycee and Tyler?"

"Okay." He says walking off. I stand back up and walk toward my siblings. We all hug and look over at our kids.

"How's max?" Jace asks.

"He's okay. He's scared to go on his mission tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Because that's how Matt past away. He doesn't want to die like his dad did." I say watching Max.

"Talking about Matt. Friday is his anniversary. Are you okay?"

"Everyday it gets easier but I'm alright. Just worried how everyone else is going to take it." I say looking at my siblings. We all change the topic and start talking about other things.

I look over at the time and see that it's time I step on stage. As I make my way everyone takes their seats while Kaycee, Max and Tyler stand next to me with Isbaelle and Jace.

"Today we are here to celebrate Kaycee Lightwood, Tyler Herondale, and Max Lightwood for their amazing success, bravery and accomplishments.

Tomorrow these three will be going on their first mission to protect the mundanes, Downworlders and even Shadowhunters. They've gone a long way and not only are we here to celebrate with them we are here to hand them their first official stele and handing them their weapon they chose during training that will stay with them forever." I say to everyone in front of me. I then make my way over to the table and pick up a twisted silver stele and a whip for Kacyee just like her mom.

Turning around I draw on the vision rune on her shoulder. She then takes the stele and whip and back up. Soon Tyler comes forward and I hand him a straight stele and blades.

Adding the hearing rune on Tyler he then steps back and Max comes forward. He looks nervous and all I do is give him sad eyes and whisper to him, "Hey, it's going to be okay." I tell him and he just nods.

I hand Max a semi-stragiht stele and a bow and arrow. I look at him proudly as I see a younger version of me. I put the speed rune on him and Kaycee and Tyler come up as everyone claps.

The party continues and Max comes up to me and gives me a worried look.

"There's someone out side. Asking for you."

"Who is it?"

"He didn't tell me his name but it's a Warlock." Max says making me immediately stand up and walk to the institute doors.