6. After Party

After the party ends I say bye to everyone and wait until Max gets done saying by to his cousins and friends.

Once he's done he runs over to me and grabs my hand. We walk out of the institute and walk down the busy streets of New York.

"Dad?"

"Yes Max?"

"Did you know that Warlock? Magnus?" Max asks looking up at me. I stop walking and look at him and nod my head.

"Yes I did." I answer back and continue walking.

"We're you friends?"

"No."

"Brothers?"

"No." I say laughing at his comment. I look at Max and he gives me a confused look.

"Husbands?"

"No. Boyfriends."

"We're you about to be husbands?"

"I dont know. We dated for a long time. He moved to India so we broke up."

"Do you miss him?"

"I don't know Blueberry. I've always wondered how Magnus was doing but now that I've seen him after seven years I dont know how I feel."

"Do you no longer love Daddy?"

"I'll always love Dad, Max. You can love different people at the same time even if it's different love. Like how I love Jace as my brother I loved Matt as my husband. Its like how I love Izzy as my sister and I love you like my son." I tell Max. We continue walking and finally reach our apartment. Once we get inside we both sit on the couch and we leans into my side.

"Dad?"

"Yes Blueberry?"

"Are you thinking of marrying Magnus?"

"I haven't seen him in seven years Max. We'll definitely catch up but if something happens marriage won't be first."

"Did you love him? More than Daddy?"

"I don't know.." I say honestly but something inside me says that Magnus was probably the one I was meant to be with, "why do you ask all these questions anyway?"

"Because he seems nice. I wouldn't mind if you dated him. You have been single for three years......you're getting lonely."

"I have you."

"But I think you need someone else. A husband by chance." Max says smiling at me and getting off the couch, "night dad." he says walking to his room.

Felt generous today to I posted three chapters instead of two I normally do on weekdays.

Question: What do you think Alec will do? Do you think he'll talk to Magnus and fix things or go on with his life like normal?

What do you think Magnus will do? Talk to Alec and fix things or continue going on with life?

What do you maybe wanna see in the next chapter?