Sometimes You Don't Always Make It

I quickly kill the demon sending it back to hell. Every shadowhunter and downworlder battling demons around me is in slow motion, all the noises of swords and screams are quiet but the only thing that matters right now is the body that laying on the ground.

I bend down and hold my lover in my arms while blood gushes out of his side, pools of blood surrounding us.

I slowly pet his black, glittery, red tiped hair and bring him closer to me.

"Please...............don't leave me. I love you...... So much." I say as I continue holding him in my arms. He slowly moves his hand behind my neck and brings me in, kissing me deeply.

Once we pull away he gives me a small smile.

"I love you too...... I'm sorry, I should of been....paying attention."

"No. Don't apologize. Never apologize for  fucking demons."

He gives me a small laugh and look me in my eyes. "I'm part demon."

"You know what I mean." I say, more tears forming in my eyes. How I'm going to miss his stupid combacks and his glittery self.

"I.... I don't want you to go. We could adopt a child, get married like we were going to, I still have my ring on, and we could to go Italy for our honeymoon. Doesn't........doesn't that sound fun."

"I..........love........you so.....much.........that sounds perfect.............but there........comes a time.............where things.............don't.............last..................forever."

Magnus slowly pulls me into one more kiss and when I pull away I see his eyes closed and his body limp in my arms.

"No..No......this can't be happening! Wake up! Wake up!" I scream as loud as I can.

I look up and see that the battle is over and many people are looking at me. I look back at Magnus and more tears come.

"Magnus......please............you can't be gone......we were supposed to have kids and be married and find a way so we could live forever."

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up seeing Cat. "He's gone Alec."

"No he's not." I say grabbing the seraph blade near me and jamming it in a certain spot.

"ALEC NO!" I hear in the distance as I slowly enter darkness.

As I open my eyes I see Magnus standing in front of me surrounded by grass, a smile on his face and tears in his eyes. We automatically run to each other and run into each other's arms.

"I'm never leaving you."