Chapter 28

Normally I don't make authors notes to ask for comments but please comment on this chapter. This chapter is 3,291 words (not including the authors note). It's 3 times longer then most chapters which are always around 1,000 words long. I hope you all enjoy this chapter

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

I frowned for what felt like the millionth time, looking at Queen Seraphina out of the corner of my eye. I had been excited to meet her friend and her child but now I wasn't so sure. Ever since we had gotten into the room, Queen Seraphina had been cooing over the toddler.

I supposed I shouldn't feel bothered by that but I was. I had every reason to not be jealous seeing as Queen Seraphina spent every day with me and had even done my hair today but the ugly feeling of jealousy kept rising up.

Perhaps it was the way the toddler kept clinging to the skirt of her dress. She kept coming back to touch the Queen's dress, seemingly fascinated by the fabric. She also kept asking to be held, reaching for Queen Seraphina who seemed all too happy to hold her.

"Isn't Kenzie just adorable?" Queen Seraphina asked as she turned her attention to me.

"Yes," I replied, my words coming out a bit more snappish then they were supposed to. Even though Queen Seraphina was still wearing her veil I could still feel her glare at my tone. I adjusted myself, looking down at my lap.

"So how have you been Isa?" Queen Seraphina turned her attention to the woman sitting across from her.

"I have been well, Kenzie has been a handful as always," Isa said with a small smile. "I'm honestly surprised she's warmed up to you so fast, she's such a daddy's girl," she said.

"Well I can't say that I'm surprised, I've found that I'm quite good with children," Queen Seraphina laughed as Kenzie grabbed a hold of her veil. She gently freed the girl's hand from her veil, still holding the toddler.

"You always have been," Isa stated. "So Seraphina never told me that she had a daughter," she said as she turned her attention to me.

"She never told me that she had friends," I muttered, a bit too loudly based on the way Queen Seraphina's head turned slightly. I corrected my posture as I looked to the floor as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. "I'm sure it just didn't come up in conversation," I said simply as I rested my hands in my lap.

"Mhmm, I'm sure," Isa said softly. My lips tightened into a frown as I looked at her, having to bite the inside of my cheek from saying something I would regret. I turned my attention back to Queen Seraphina, frowning when I saw that Kenzie was cuddled up to Queen Seraphina.

I tried to ignore the surge of jealousy, my leg bouncing ever so slightly as I bit my bottom lip. When Queen Seraphina sat Kenzie down, I was at first relieved. My relief only lasted for a moment when Queen Seraphina started to braid her hair back. The pure jealousy that shot through me made me almost sick and my foot kicked the back of Queen Seraphina's leg when no one was looking.

Queen Seraphina turned her attention to me and I smiled innocently. When Kenzie turned to Queen Seraphina, pouting about the Queen not braiding her hair anymore. I stuck my tongue out at her in response, feeling some sense of victory. I thought I had been pretty sly with it but the fact that Queen Seraphina stood up suddenly told me that maybe she had seen.

"Excuse us for a moment," Queen Seraphina said politely to Isa who nodded as she called Kenzie over to her and picked her up. "Suzanna, come with me," she said, the cool tone to her voice making me freeze slightly.

I hesitantly stood up, following her out of the sitting room. The door shut behind us and I suddenly found myself backed up against the wall. The stone dug into my back and I fought to keep from shoving Queen Seraphina away.

Queen's ObsessionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara