Chapter 30

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

As my eyes opened, I let out a small groan while stretching out. I smiled when I saw the crocheted cat, reaching for it and pulling it close. I buried my nose into it, inhaling the scent of Queen Seraphina's perfume. I hummed sleepily as I closed my eyes, nearly falling asleep as I just laid there.

I only woke up because I realized that I could no longer feel Queen Seraphina holding my hand. I pouted slightly as I sat up, still holding my cat close. I nuzzled my face into it when I realized that she wasn't there. I sat there for a bit, allowing myself to float into the haze that was her perfume. I wondered if she would give me any of it, she smelled quite nice.

I swung my legs off of my bed, my bare feet touching the stone floor as I stood up. I walked over to my vanity, setting my cat onto the vanity as I sat down. I started to brush my hair, having to work through the tangles. I had to physically pull some of them apart which was quite hard when your hands were injured.

I was startled when there was a knock on my door. I sat down my brush as I turned to face the door. "Come in," I called after a moment, squeezing the paw of my cat as I waited for the person to come in.

"How are you this morning?" Pandora asked as she brought a tray over to me. I moved my cat onto my lap as she set the tray down in front of me. It was a tray with Idli served with Sambar and Coconut Chutney. I smiled in thanks as I picked up an Idli, dipping it into the Sambar. I turned my attention to her as I took a bite.

"I'm doing well, any reason you decided to bring me breakfast this morning?" I questioned as I continued to eat. I kept my cat in my lap as I ate, keeping one hand around it.

"I can't be nice?" Pandora asked as she looked down at me with a fake frown.

"You're never nice to me unless your sister upsets me," I said simply. She snorted at that as she went to stand behind me.

"Want me to do your hair?" Pandora asked as she stood behind me.

"Yes please," I said simply as I let her take my hairbrush. She started to brush my hair as I continued to eat breakfast. She gently worked through the tangles as I bounced my legs nervously, keeping my cat on my lap.

"Do you like the cat my mother made for you?" Pandora asked simply.

"Love it, it smells like Queen Seraphina's perfume," I muttered, the last part slipping out accidentally.

"You like my sister's perfume?" Pandora asked, a wicked grin on her face as she looked at me in the vanity mirror.

"It smells nice," I defended my words as I kept the cat on my lap. I could feel my cheeks heating up as I saw the grin not leave her face.

"I hope you know that I will tease you about this for as long as I can," Pandora said as she continued to brush my hair.

"I can see why people say you're mean," I said simply as I pouted. She snorted as I continued to eat, looking through my dresser drawers until she found some hair pins.

"You need some more elaborate hair pins, remind me to get you some," Pandora said simply. "I have some beautiful ones in mind for you," she murmured as she stood behind me. She started to pin up some of my hair and I couldn't really tell what she was doing until she was finished. She had pulled my hair back, twisting some strands to make it look elegant. You could see where my black hair had faded into brown in the light.

The hair pins I did have were a soft white color since that went with most of my dresses. Some of them had small gems embedded in them, some red and some green.

"I think you would be beautiful with a pearl hairpin right here," Pandora stated as she tapped the side of my head.

"Are you saying that I don't look beautiful now?" I questioned as I pushed my tray away.