Chapter 90

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

Mama made me go change before we left the castle. I didn't know why, I didn't think it was very fun to have to change out of my nightgown. She helped me into a light blue dress, pulling my hair back with a matching ribbon. I was firmly anti ribbon but Mama gave me the option of having it pulled back with a ribbon or having to sit down and let her brush it.

I was firmly anti-brush at the moment so I had to let her tie it back. After that Pandora came to take my dogs. I was anti that decision but apparently Kamili was busy with diplomatic duties. Draya was also out for the simple reason that she didn't want to watch the puppies. I kissed both Kelpie and Phoenix goodbye,  telling them to try and bite Pandora in the butt if they could please.

Mama had put her veil on which bothered me. I liked being able to see her face. I tugged on her sleeve as she spoke to Orion. She kept speaking to him, moving her hand to rest it on my head. I whined softly but stayed quiet as I kept a hold on her sleeve. Once she finished speaking to him, she turned her attention to me.

"What is it cherub?" Mama asked as she ran her hand through the ponytail that she had tied my hair into.

"Why wear veil?" I asked with a pout as I reached up to grab her veil. She grabbed my wrist before I could even try to pull it off which I thought was very mean of her to do.

"Because I always wear my veil when I go out in public," Mama stated. "It allows me to move around without people knowing who I am," she said.

"Don't they know you're the queen because you're surrounded by guards and wearing a veil?" I asked her as I tilted my head slightly. Mama chuckled softly as she leaned closer to whisper to me.

"Sometimes I go outside the castle walls without my guards and veil," Mama whispered to me. My eyes widened at that and I gasped.

"Nu uh," I shook my head as I refused to believe her.

"Uh huh," Mama nodded her head. I turned to look at Orion who was just standing to the side. He was wearing his armor today which I thought was cool. It was all sharp and shiny so I kind of wanted to steal it from him.

"What is she telling you? Hopefully nothing to make my job harder," Orion said. I shook my head quickly as I clung to Mama and stepped behind her. Mama chuckled softly as she gently tugged my hand off her dress and interlaced our fingers. I accepted that but stayed behind her.

"She's feeling shy today Orion," Mama said as she squeezed my hand lightly. I didn't say anything else as I watched two more guards join Orion in front of Mama and when I turned around there were three more behind us. That seemed like a lot of guards to me but apparently I thought that too soon because four more guards joined us. That meant we had ten guards in total, one of whom was the captain of the guard.

I just held Mama's hand tightly as we left the castle, pressing closer to her once we were actually outside the castle gates. Mama didn't mention it even though I was practically on her heels so I was sort of thankful for that.

"You are okay darling," Mama reassured me. I could hear people whispering, trying to get a peak between the guards at Mama. No one seemed to notice me so for that I was thankful. We walked for what seemed like ever before we ended up at a big glass dome.

"Garden?" I asked quietly to Mama who nodded.

"Orion, most of the men can take a break while Suzanna and I are in the garden. Only two will need to be there to guard the door," Mama instructed Orion who seemed like he wanted to object but thought better of it.

"Fine. Pravin and I will be the ones to guard the door," Orion instructed her. Pravin, it turns out, was a guard I had seen around the castle a lot. He was apparently Orion's third in command since the second in command had to stay back at the castle in case anything happened there.

Mama led me into the glass dome. First though she made me close my eyes. I was reluctant to do that but since she had refused to let me go in until I did that, I did it after a little bit. She led me inside and had me sit down.

The bench she had me sit down on wasn't very comfortable. It was wooden and I was sure that I was going to have splinters in the back of my legs. Maybe that was just me complaining because she hadn't let me open my eyes yet.

I felt something brush across my hand but it was so light I almost didn't even notice. I could feel it just resting on my hand though and it made me kind of nervous for some reason.

"Open your eyes," Mama said. I did so as soon as she could, looking down at my hand to see what was touching it. My eyes widened when I saw a blue butterfly just perching on the back of my hand. My hand shook slightly as I lifted it up and the butterfly took off flying.

Looking around I realized that there were a bunch of butterflies that were just flying around the glass dome. The ground was covered in beautiful flowers and luscious green grass that seemed to go up to my knees. There were small pathways that went through the flowers and grass but other than that it seemed to be untouched.

"I thought you would enjoy seeing the butterflies," Mama said as she sat down next to me. It didn't stay that way for long though because I was up and exploring the garden as soon as I could. The excitement that was running through me nearly made me trip with how fast I was walking while also spinning around to look at everything.