Chapter 63

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

When I woke up, I was a little disoriented. My memories of last night came back slowly and I realized that I had fallen asleep on Pandora. She must have moved me over somewhere else because I certainly wasn't in my room. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up, realizing that I had been laid down in Seraphina's study.

Looking back on it, I realized that I was much closer to her office than my room. That explained why I was in her study, it was probably easier for me to be carried to her study than to be carried to my room. I wrapped the blanket around myself as I leaned against the side of the couch arm to stay up.

"You alright darling?" Kamili's voice made me turn to look at her. She was sitting on the edge of Seraphina's desk, one leg crossed over another. She was wearing a white robe that was tied in the front but it fell off her shoulders to show them. Underneath the robe was a chemise that fell to her knees.

"Yeah, I am," I said after a moment as I ran a hand through my hair to get rid of the tangles that were in the bottom of my hair. Even though I had brushed it a little bit last night, it still had gotten itself tangled while I slept. "Where's Seraphina?" I asked curiously.

"She went to get breakfast, she'll be back soon," Kamili responded. She was sorting through the papers that were on Seraphina's desk, laying them in piles.

"Pandora isn't going to be happy with you, that's usually her job," I said as I rubbed my eyes after a moment. I was still a little tired but I didn't want to go back to sleep right now. If I went back to sleep now then I would be in a bad mood when I woke up later. That's just how my sleep schedule worked. Just the right amount of sleep and I was good, too much or too little and I was in a terrible mood.

"Pandora doesn't scare me," Kamili said, flinching when the door opened. Pandora was standing there, looking prim and proper like always.

"Are you sure about that?" Pandora asked as she leaned against the doorway.

"Why are you like this?" Kamili asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Why am I like what?" Pandora questioned.

"So annoying," Kamili responded.

"You know a good way for me to not annoy you? Stop dating my sister," Pandora responded. I looked back and forth between the two for a moment before speaking.

"Do you two not like each other?" The question escaped me before I could think much of what I was asking. It really wasn't any of my business but I was curious.

"No, we are just bantering," Pandora said. "I have to annoy her, it's all I have left to do after her and 'phina have been together for over 20 years," she stated.

"You could try being happy that we've been together that long?" Kamili suggested. Pandora wrinkled her nose and shook her head.

"No, I quite like being bitter," Pandora said simply as she straightened up. "I have to go find my husband, he's wandered away from his station," she sighed dramatically.

"Where is his station?" Kamili questioned.

"It should be right next to me but I suppose he went to his real job of being Captain of the guard," Pandora said. "I suppose I should go find him on the training field where he should be," she said.

"It's nice to know that one person in this castle can do their job," Seraphina said from behind Pandora, making her twitch slightly before she moved.

"I've taught you too well little sister," Pandora muttered as she huffed. "Suzanna you have my permission to give them hell with a promise that I will protect you from them," she informed me before she left. I smiled slightly at her words as Seraphina nudged Kamili off her desk.

"You're shoving your lover off your desk? I thought you had more class than that," Kamili said as she pushed herself off the desk. She paused to place a kiss on Seraphina's neck before going to shut the door.

"I almost regret letting you and Suzanna meet each other, you both are troublesome," Seraphina muttered as she took off her veil. My nose wrinkled up at her words as I pouted slightly. I was not troublesome, how dare she say that?

"I resent you saying that," Kamili said simply as she sat on the arm of Seraphina's chair. "I think we both do," she said as she glanced at me, making me nod my head in agreement.

"Oh great, you two are both agreeing with each other already. How lovely," Seraphina said with a tinge of sarcasm as she smiled fondly. It was clear despite her sarcasm that she was actually happy that we were getting along.

"Maybe I can convince Kamili to help get my revenge on you," I said with an innocent smile. Seraphina sighed as she massaged the bridge of her nose.

"If it keeps you out of trouble, plot your revenge all you want," Seraphina said simply. I pouted at that, not liking her response as I crossed my arms over my chest with a small huff.

"I want to go to the market," I complained as I flopped back onto the couch, staring at Seraphina with a pout.

"I'm working today," Seraphina responded.

"You don't have to come with," I retorted.

"I want someone responsible escorting you," Seraphina said after a moment.

"I can go with her," Kamili offered, making me look at her in surprise. "If you're busy today Sera, I want a chance to explore the marketplace," she said. Seraphina pursed her lips before nodding her head.

"Then I guess you have an escort to go with you Suzanna," Seraphina stated, making me jump up out of my seat.

"I'll go change then," I said excitedly. I was nearly out of the door when Seraphina cleared her throat. "What?" I whined as I turned to look at her with a pout.

"Breakfast. You need to eat," Seraphina said, making me pout.

"I'll eat later," I said, quickly leaving the room before she could say anything else.

"Don't worry, I'll get her something to eat while we're at the market," Kamili informed Seraphina. That was the last I heard of their conversation before I was out of ear shot.