Chapter 97

*Seraphina's P.O.V*

Suzanna is feeling extra small today and I am not sure why. This is the farthest she has ever regressed and the longest time she had ever regressed as well. She was feeling so tiny that I couldn't bear to set her down or leave her for even a moment.

"You know I can watch her right?" Kamili asks, leaning over me to kiss Suzanna's forehead. We are currently sitting in my study, enjoying the peace and quiet. Suzanna had just fallen asleep in my arms, it didn't surprise me though. It was late in the afternoon and I could tell she had been sleepy ever since lunchtime.

"I know," I murmur as I tilt my head back to look at Kamili, her hand moving to rest on the top of my neck as she holds my head in place before kissing my lips lightly. She pulls away after a moment, a small smirk on her lips.

"Let me hold the baby, go check on Theron," Kamili orders, which I find amusing. Despite being the queen, Kamili definitely has the power to boss me around when she wants. I roll my eyes as I get up, feeling Suzanna curl up against me as I cradle her. Kamili takes my seat, holding her arms out so I gently lay Suzanna in her arms.

"I will be back soon so don't think that you can steal my baby away from me," I inform her sternly. I grab my veil off of the desk, putting it back on before I leave the study. I walk down the hall, ignoring the looks the guards give me. They clearly are still adjusting to the fact that Theron is back.

My heels click on the stone floor of the infirmary as I enter the room, not even glancing at the doctor who is checking on Theron. I sit down in a chair next to his bed, tilting my head as I look at Theron. He is in bad shape, his chest still wrapped in gauze. A piece of wood had pierced through his chest and had only just been removed yesterday morning. Under the gauze was a gaping wound that was being carefully monitored.

"My love," Theron greets me, smiling when I lean down. His hand moves to cup my face, his thumb pushing the veil up so that he can kiss my lips. The feeling of the heat of his hand lingers on my face even after he pulls away.

"You look like shit," I say casually, earning a chuckle from him.

"I am so sorry that I do not look more casual after I fell off a cliff and was impaled," Theron states dryly.

"I was just informing you," I roll my eyes, smiling when he shakes his head with a fond smile on his lips.

"So you say every single time you are rude to me," Theron huffs as he sits up. One of his arms, his left one, still isn't moving like it should. It twitches when he tries to use it but not much else. "It's a shame that I didn't lose an eye, I would look sexy with an eyepatch," he says as he uses his right hand to run through his hair.

"I would divorce you if you wore an eyepatch," I state with a roll of my eyes. He opens his mouth, looking at me with shock.

"Because I lost an eye?" he asks.

"Because you would look stupid with one. A golden crown and a black eyepatch? You would look like a wannabe pirate," I inform him, making him frown.

"You are so mean to me. Where is Kamili? I wish to complain to her about how cruel you," Theron states. I sigh, done with his actions and words. He was so childish most of the time.

"She is with Suzanna," I inform him, making him nod as he lays his head back on his pillow.

"How is she today? She looked like she needed you a lot last night," he says casually as he turns his head slightly to look at me.

"She has been very clingy and very small today. I would be surprised if she has not woken up yet and demanded to know where I am at," I state, fully believing what I say. As if on cue, the infirmary door opens and Kamili comes in, holding a whiny and crying Suzanna.

I get up, taking her from Kamili. Suzanna looks at me with wide eyes, looking heartbroken that I had left her with Kamili. She wipes her snotty nose on my dress and I sigh, rocking her back and forth as I hold her.

"Mommy mean," Suzanna whimpers into my chest, refusing to let go of me. I was mean but she wishes to cling to me? I will never understand how her little mind works.

"You have broken that poor little girl's heart," Theron says, making Suzanna look at him. I can see the curiosity in her eyes as she reaches out for him so I sit her down on the edge of the bed.

"You're old," Suzanna says, making me turn my head away as I bite back a laugh. I glance at Theron out of the corner of my eye as I see his lips curl up slightly in a smile.

"Am I?" Theron asks as Suzanna scoots further up the bed, tilting her head as she studies him.

"You hair is gray right here," Suzanna says as she reaches forward, touching the front of his hair.

"It is not," Theron disagrees, shaking his head.

"Is so," Suzanna argues as she pouts at him. Her face is still tear streaked but she seems to be cheering up.

"Is not," Theron says as he sticks his tongue out at her.

"Uh huh, is so. Mommy tell him," Suzanna turns to me with a small frown on her lips. I can see Theron fighting back a smile as he covers his mouth.

"I mean she is right dear," I say.

"Yeah, I've been meaning to tell you this whole time. You're as grey as a koala," Kamili informs him.

"What is this? I survive a war and get bullied? I can't believe this," Theron says as he looks away from us, looking haughty and upset.

"I think he need a nap, he cranky," Suzanna whispers, which coming from her means it is not a whisper at all, and I hear Kamili burst into laughter.