Chapter 42

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

My headache only seemed to get worse throughout breakfast. My head pounded and I found it hard to stay awake. Draya seemed to notice what was going on, having my head rest on her shoulder as I ate.

I didn't even fuss when Draya pulled me onto her lap at some point during breakfast. She gently rocked me and at first I wondered why Seraphina wasn't doing it. I quickly realized that she wasn't there and I frowned in confusion.

"Your mommy is busy today, do you want me to take you to her?" Draya asked. I wanted to object but my head felt so fuzzy. Maybe I did want to see her, she was the first one to hold me when I felt this tiny.

"'es," I decided after a moment, letting Draya lift me up. She carried me out of the dining hall, carrying me to Seraphina's study. I nuzzled into her, my head resting on her shoulder as she patted my bottom. I didn't fuss, just rested there as the door to Seraphina's study door opened.

"Hello my baby," Seraphina said. I didn't fuss as I was sitting on her lap, gently rubbing my back. My head hurt so bad, I buried my head into her chest and didn't move.

"She isn't feeling well," Draya asked. I whined as I reached out, shoving her away as best as I could. I heard her huff and felt my hand swatted away. "Just because you're not feeling well doesn't mean I will allow you to push me," she said simply.

"Go away," I whined loudly as Seraphina chuckled. She held me close, gently rubbing my back.

"It's okay baby, Grandma's mean," Seraphina informed me. I nodded my head, lifting my head to look at her.

"So mean," I whispered softly, grinning happily as Seraphina pressed our foreheads together, our noses rubbing together.

"You're such a silly girl," Seraphina said as I burst into a fit of giggles. I was so tiny, so little right now that everything she said seemed funny. Seraphina got up, resting me on her hip as she moved across her office. She pulled a book on the bookcase and it opened automatically.

She carried me into the room and sat me down. It was clearly a playroom, there was a bunch of toys and a little blanket fort that I could play in. I looked at her with wide eyes as she smiled down at me.

"This is your playroom darling, you're allowed to come in here anytime you want," Seraphina said gently. "There are rules if you want to be in here today," she stated. I pouted at that. I hated rules, they were so stupid.

"No," I whined at that, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yes. The first rule is that when you are in this room, you have to let me know. I need to know where you are and if I can't find you, that worries me," Seraphina said simply. That seemed fair enough but it was still a rule that I didn't like. "The second rule is that most of the toys have to stay in here, you can take a few out but you can't take all of them or else you won't have anything to play with at all," she stated.

"Okay, enough rules. Play now?" I asked with wide eyes as I looked up at Seraphina. She sighed as she pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"Go play angel, I'll be in my office," she said. I nodded my head, running over to the pile of stuffed toys. I started to sort through them, deciding to find my favorite. I found a plain teddy bear, one that was wearing a matching dress like the one I was wearing.

"Mine," I whispered, running across the room to take the teddy bear to the tea set. I set it down, sitting across from it and pretending to pour tea for the two of us. I sat quietly with the teddy bear, mostly talking to it in my head. Once my headache got to be too much for me, I took the teddy bear over to the blanket fort.

Instead of laying down in it, I dragged the blankets out of the room. I brought them over to Seraphina, making her look at me.

"What are you doing baby?" she asked. I didn't answer, getting down and crawling under her desk. I pulled the blankets all around, piling them up and then laying down with my teddy. "Can I get an answer?" she questioned.

"No," I said simply as I buried my face into my teddy bear, gently playing with the fabric of her dress. I fell asleep pretty quickly, listening to Seraphina hum softly.

When I woke up, it was because I felt a heel touching my side. I grumbled, looking up at Queen Seraphina who cooed over me. She handed me a bottle and I took it, my throat felt irritated and dry. I sucked on the bottle as I stared up at the bottom of Seraphina's desk. I continued to nurse as I rocked back and forth slightly.

"Sweet girl, are you feeling better?" Seraphina asked. I nodded as I sucked on the juice, the sweetness and coldness soothing my throat. My head didn't hurt as much so I turned away from the light, facing the dark side of the desk. I fell asleep pretty quickly, the bottle dropping from my hands and hitting the blanket I was laying on.

When I woke up again, it was because I was soaking wet and it made me cry. I sobbed quietly when I realized that I had had an accident and felt Seraphina crouch down behind me. I threw myself at her, wrapping my arms around her neck.

"Oh my baby, it's okay. Accidents happen," she murmured.

"Change mama, change," I hiccupped softly into her shoulder. She shushed me as she lifted me up, wrapping a blanket around me as she carried me back to my room. I was so tiny and so little bitty at the moment I couldn't even try and fuss.