Chapter 31

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

Queen Seraphina led me back into the castle, keeping a tight grip on my cat with my free hand. She led me up to her room instead of taking me to mine. I got to sit in the chair in front of her vanity as she got out a fresh set of bandages and disinfectant.

"Sweet girl, I can't believe that their foolish idea of babysitting was to teach you to use a sword," Queen Seraphina said. I watched as she unwrapped the bandages, the wounds on my hands looking redder. She gently disinfected the wounds on my hand before rewrapping the bandages.

"I liked learning how to use a sword," I said simply, trying to get used to the feeling.

"Well it's not exactly something I want my baby learning, you're too young," Queen Seraphina said as she cupped my cheek.

"I'm not a baby and I'm not too young," I objected, huffing when her thumb stroked across my cheek.

"You're my baby," Queen Seraphina said as she straightened up. Her hand still hadn't left my face and I pushed it away with a small frown.

"I am not a baby," I muttered defiantly, looking up at her.

"Don't throw a fit now, you've been a perfect angel so far," Queen Seraphina said as she sat on the edge of the vanity.

"I'm not throwing a fit, I'm just not your baby," I said simply as I clutched my cat close.

"Of course darling, you're not a baby," Queen Seraphina asked. Her tone sounded patronizing and I couldn't tell if she was being patronizing or if I was just imagining it. "You're still my daughter even if you don't want to be my baby," she hummed softly.

I gritted my teeth as I tried not to argue with that. I didn't know why I suddenly felt the need to argue with her. Her sudden affections felt too much, too overwhelming all of a sudden. I swatted her hand away when she reached to touch my face, jerking away.

"Alright, I should have asked. No touching until you give me permission," Queen Seraphina said, resting her hands onto her lap. "Would you like me to give you some more space?" she asked.

"I want to leave," I said simply, feeling a tightness in my chest. My nails were digging into my hands as I clenched my fists, refusing to look at her veiled face.

"Where do you want to go? The marketplace?" Queen Seraphina asked as she moved her veil to reveal her face.

"No, I want to leave the castle. I want to go away," I said simply as I looked her in the eyes.

"Are you quitting your job to leave?" Queen Seraphina asked. I bit my bottom lip as I looked down at my lap.

"No, just want to get away," I stated after a moment.

"Where shall you go?" Queen Seraphina questioned me.

"I don't know. I need space," I said simply, pushing the chair farther away from her. I pulled my knees up to my chest.

"I can't allow you to leave the castle grounds sweet girl. It's too dangerous," Queen Seraphina said. I frowned at her, resting my head on my knees.

"You can't stop me. I'm an adult, I can go wherever I want," I said simply.

"Not when it concerns your safety you cannot," Queen Seraphina stated. "As your mother," I cut her off before she could continue.

"You're not my mother," I said suddenly, my voice rising slightly. If my words hurt Queen Seraphina, she didn't react at all.

"As your Queen then, I can stop you from going anywhere if I wish," Queen Seraphina said simply. "With a snap of my fingers I can easily stop you from leaving this castle. The guards have their orders already and all it takes is one word to restrict your access to only certain rooms," she stated.

"You can't do that," I cried out, standing up in anger. She arched an eyebrow at me, ignoring how angry I looked.

"Why not?" Queen Seraphina asked, seeming entirely too relaxed for someone who was talking about restricting me to certain rooms in her home.

"Because it's not fair. I haven't done anything," I cried out, trying my best to not storm out of the room. I did give in to the urge to stomp my foot though and it felt satisfying to stomp my foot in anger.

"You are my daughter, my baby, my cherub. I don't need a reason to keep you safe," Queen Seraphina said simply. I grabbed my cat before I stormed out of the room, slamming the door shut behind me.

I stormed down the hall, pushing past the guards who were there. One grabbed my arm extra tight to stop me and I paused, glaring at him.

"Your majesty?" he called, turning his head to look down the hall. I frowned as I turned my head, looking at Queen Seraphina who stood right outside her door, her veil back on.

"Let her go, she's not to leave the grounds for any reason from now until I give her permission," Queen Seraphina said. The guard let go of my arm, watching me closely as I rubbed my arm to relieve the pain. "Anything you would like to say Suzanna?" she asked. She probably saw the anger in my eyes, there's no way she thought it was a good idea to ask me that now.

"Only that you're a bitch," I said as I stormed past the guard, hurrying down the halls to get away from the guards. I glanced back and none of them had even tried to come after me.

I kept walking down the hall, clutching my cat in anger. I pulled it close to my chest as I walked past other guards, heading to my room. I paused once I entered my room, taking a deep breath. I frowned when I smelled Queen Seraphina's perfume, my anger reigniting. I threw the cat onto my bed, stomping my feet as I tried not to scream in anger. I turned around, kicking my door as hard as I could.

"Fucking bitch," I hissed as I crossed the room, laying on my bed. I pulled my crocheted cat over to me, kissing the top of its head. "Sorry kitty," I murmured softly, petting the top of its head to appease it.

Remember y'all this is a forced regression story. It's not always going to be sunshine and rainbows.