Chapter 73

*Seraphina's P.O.V*

It took a few hours for Beth to die. The poison was a slow and torturous one. I wasn't sure if it was her heart giving out or my sword that pierced her chest that did her in. Perhaps both. When I checked her pulse and felt nothing, I turned her head towards me.

Her eyes were dark, the spark of light that most people had was snuffed out. Blood had bubbled out of her mouth and I wasn't totally sure what caused that. My knowledge of cause and effect said that it was probably the sword. I was pretty sure it had punctured her lung.

"Orion, she is dead. I want their bodies to be disposed of," I said simply as I pulled my sword out of Beth. It was coated in blood and flesh. "This will never be the same," I huffed as I wiped the blood off my sword before putting it in the scabbard that was attached to my leg.

"The sword or their lives?" Orion muttered as he entered the cell. A tinge of sarcasm was in his tone. Death he could deal with. He could deal with a lot better than torture.

"Very funny," I rolled my eyes. "I have to go see Suzanna now," I stated.

"Oh yes, your majesty. Leave me to deal with the dead bodies. I would hate for you to miss time with your family," Orion muttered. I huffed softly as I looked at him.

"You can have tomorrow off if you wish to whine," I said with a roll of my eyes. "I'm sure Pandora can't wait to sink her nails into you again," I said with a small smirk before I left. For a person with a tough personality, Orion was so easily embarrassed about what he and his wife did in the bedroom. It wasn't my fault he chose to train shirtless and show the scratches that ran down his back.

Pandora found me in the hallway and her eyes searched mine for a moment. "You've been teasing my husband," she said. I cursed her knowledge of me. I could not believe that I was so easy to read.

"I gave him the day off tomorrow, I expect him to be able to work the next day," I said simply as I sidestepped her. She tried to smack the back of my head and I caught her hand with ease. "You won't win 'dora, I learned how to avoid being smacked on the back of the head after it happened so much," I stated.

"You think me smacking you upside the head would have taught you common sense then," Pandora said and her leg swept under mine.  I rolled my eyes as I fell. She liked leg sweeping people, always had. I could be minding my business and she would leg sweep me.

"Yes I get it, I still fall for your stupid trick," I said as I pulled myself up. I used her to do so and nearly knocked her down since she wasn't expecting it.

"I am not your personal ladder," Pandora huffed.

"You are when you knock me down," I said with a small smile. "Now what do you want? Is Suzanna okay?" I asked, my smile fading at the thought that Suzanna had possibly gotten worse.

"She's fine Sera, she's doing a little better," Pandora said. "She's sort of feverish right now and wants to see you. But your surprise is early and it won't stop barking," she said. I smiled at her words.

"Where is it?" I asked simply.

"Your study," Pandora said. "Why did you have to send a guard to get it? I think it would have fit in a box. Could have shipped it through the mail," she muttered.

"Pandora, I am not shipping a puppy through the mail," I said as I started the walk to my study.

"Why not? I put you in the mail when you were a baby and you were fine," Pandora said. I turned at her words.

"You what?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't worry about it," Pandora said. "I tried to do it to Malik but Theron wouldn't let me. He said it was dangerous or something," she rolled her eyes. "Maybe Suzanna would allow me to ship her through the mail," she mused out loud.

"You are no longer allowed to be a babysitter," I said after a moment. Pandora gasped at my words, like they had been surprising. Was it really that surprising? I didn't think so.

I continued to walk, ignoring her words. She was saying that it wasn't fair, Suzanna would totally be down for being shipped in a box. I snorted at her words as I opened the door to my office. There was a ball of black and brown fur that was laying on my couch. It had already ripped open a pillow.

"I knew there was a reason I stuck to Great Pyrenees and Anatolian Shepherds," I stated with a huff. "German Shepherd's are just so destructive," I muttered.

"What do you mean? It's so cute," Pandora said as she entered my study. She picked up the puppy and it barked at her. It continued to bark in her face until she set it back down. "I want it, I'll buy it off you," she said as she turned to look at me.

"Suzanna would be so very upset if I did that," I said after a moment.

"Yes but who cares about that?" Pandora asked as I moved to pick up the puppy. I looked at its belly before nodding.

"It's another girl. Suzanna will probably like that. Plus that means no puppies," I said with a smile as I stroked the fluffy dog's head. "I wonder what she'll name her?" I mused out loud. I decided I would take the puppy to see Suzanna. I couldn't wait to see her reaction. I hoped she was well enough that she would remember meeting the puppy.

"I'll steal that dog one day," Pandora muttered before she left. She was always a sore loser when it came to not getting her way.