Chapter 101

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

I try to hide behind Mommy as best as I can. It's not the best place to hide but it is my only option since she is still holding my arm. I debate between the idea of kicking her in the leg or biting her hand to try and free myself but I think Mama would be even more mad if I did that.

"I didn't mess up the room on purpose, it was an accident. I just escaped my prison and then I was exploring and I accidentally knocked over a vase and it broke the other vase and the other vase broke the bookcase," I try to explain to Mama as quickly as I can. She looks really mad at me. She wasn't even wearing her veil right now which means that she really didn't care if people saw her without it.

"Would it not have been easier to explain that to me rather than run off into a godforsaken tunnel?" Mama asks, her green eyes narrowing slightly. I nod slightly as I try to step back but with Mommy holding onto my arm, I can't really go anywhere.

"And what do you mean by prison?" Mommy asks.

"She put me in a prison," I say as I put at Auntie Panda with my free arm, looking away quickly when she glares at me.

"I put her in playpen," Auntie Panda says.

"Prison," I correct quietly, not caring what she said. It was a prison, a tiny and evil prison.

"Stupid doggies, betraying me," I mutter when I see that Phoenix and Kelpie are following Mama.

"Don't call names," Mama says which makes me roll my eyes. That is apparently a very bad idea because Mama grabs my arm, slightly below where Mommy is holding my arm. Maybe I shouldn't roll my eyes if Mama is mad.

"You can let go of her arm Kam, Suzanna and I are going to have a little talk," Mama states. I shake my head even as Mommy lets go and I try to pull away from Mama.

"No! I don't wanna have a talk," I say quickly, trying to get away from Mama. She ends up picking me up which bothers me because I do not want to be held at all. Despite my squirming and my protests, she doesn't set me down. Not until we are all the way back in the castle and she's pulled me into a private room.

"I not want to be held," I say, shoving at her chest until she puts me down. She is in front of the door so it's not like I can run away which makes it even worse. I would so run away if she would just move.

"I don't appreciate the attitude you have little miss. You ran off into a dark tunnel, which worried me to death, then you want to be upset with others for your decisions?" Mama says, making me huff.

"The stupid doggies were the ones who betrayed me," I whine. "It's not my fault I ran into the tunnel, Pandora was going to be mad at me and I didn't want to be punished," I huff as I glare at the floor.

"Then you should say something instead of running off," Mama says as she steps closer. She raises her hand slightly and I turn away on instinct, my eyes closing slightly. I feel her hand gently rest on my back for a moment.

"What is my punishment going to be?" I ask, feeling myself start to slip away from regressing. The feeling of comfort was gone, I didn't feel comfortable being so small around her anymore.

"Darling, I am upset with you for running off because you worry me when you do that. I don't want to punish you for that," Seraphina says an I feel her arms wrap around me. I tense in her hold for a moment, biting my bottom lip.

"You seemed really mad," I say after a moment. I feel her take a deep breath since my back is pressed her against her. I can feel each breath she takes, each move that she makes as she tightens her hold on me.

"I was worried, that is all. I can not lose another child and those tunnels are dangerous," Seraphina explains. Her voice breaks slightly and I turn around slightly, letting my head rest against her chest as her hand moves to rest on the back of my head. I couldn't understand why she was holding me so tight.

I was almost positive that I could push her away if I wanted to but I didn't for some odd reason. I just feel her cling to me, holding onto me tightly. No one had ever hugged me this tightly in my life, not my father...not my mother. My breath caught as I realized that and I clung to Seraphina as a desperate need to be held over took me.

My parents had never held me like this. They just weren't that physically affectionate at all. Even when I had gone through some truly terrible things, I had gotten a brief hug at best.

Seraphina though was holding onto me as tightly as she could after I had just ran through a couple of dark tunnels. Something told me that there was more to how she was feeling but I wasn't going to ask her right now and ruin our moment together.

"My darling," Seraphina says as she pulls back, or well at least she tries to. I am still clinging to her so she rubs my back, allowing me to just cling to her. I can feel a tear drop hit my shoulder and I realize that she is crying. Just a few tears but it still breaks my heart. I cling to her even tighter, wanting to make her stop crying but not knowing how.

"Mama," I whisper and I feel her tense for just a moment before she takes another deep breath.
"Oh my baby," she mutters as she holds me close, rocking us both back and forth for a little while.

Seraphina may or may not have some trauma when it comes to the tunnels. We'll get into that soon, don't you worry😈