Chapter 57

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

Seraphina was mean! She wouldn't allow me to go back to being her scribe because apparently I was drunk and it meant I probably wouldn't do my job. That wasn't true at all, I would do my job. She just didn't understand how good my brain was.

However, since she was being mean and had to keep working despite the fact that I wanted her to stay with me, she left me with Draya. Only after Draya finished scolding Pandora for giving me a drink with alcohol in it. Pandora managed to finally escape and the look she gave me promised a painful demise.

"Panda, don't be mad at me," I whined softly as I pouted at her. I would have tried to hug her but Seraphina said I should avoid touching people until I washed the blood off my hands. I don't know why she was scared of a little blood but I would listen to her just this once.

"Watch your back," Pandora whispered as she passed me, making me huff. I heard Draya sigh as she looked at me.

"Let's go wash your hands off sweetheart. Then I'll take a look at your knees," she said simply.

"No, I want to stay with 'phina," I whined softly as I stepped closer to Seraphina. Seraphina cooed softly as she pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"You can stay with me later baby, I promise," she promised as she smiled down at me. I pouted at that, crossing my arms over my chest.

"How about now?" I asked, hoping she would change her mind and let me stay with her.

"No darling, not now," Seraphina said with a small chuckle. "I want you to go with my mother. It's almost lunch time and I want to make sure you eat lunch," she stated. I pouted at that, not wanting to leave her alone. She needed me to stay with her, I was her scribe.

"Who will write for you? I'm the only one who can write for you," I pouted slightly. Seraphina cupped my face gently as she tapped my nose gently with her thumb. My nose wrinkled up slightly in response.

"Pandora can write for me," Seraphina informed me.

"No, she doesn't do a good job," I huffed at her words.

"Pandora does a great job darling, besides I have an important job for you later so I want you to save up all your energy," she whispered to me. I paused before nodding my head in understanding. I wanted an important job. "Good girl," she praised softly, making me smile.

"Come on darling, let's go get you cleaned up," Draya said after a moment of silence. I walked over to her, letting her lead me upstairs. She took me to a room that I had never seen before but I assumed it was her bedroom.

I looked around curiously as she went to the bathroom to get a washcloth. She seemed to like sewing since she had a mannequin set up in the corner of the room. There was a half finished dress that was pinned onto it. Plus there was a bunch of fabric that was sitting in the corner of her room.

I was sitting on the edge of her bed when she came back with a wet washcloth and started to wipe my hands off. She was very gentle and once she was done with my hands, she focused on my knees. They were kind of torn up from me knocking the chair over and scraping them on the ground.

"This is why we don't stand up in chairs and try to climb over the back of them," Draya said simply with a small frown on her lips.

"It doesn't even hurt," I pouted slightly. It felt like she was scolding me. She didn't need to do that, I hadn't done anything wrong.

"You will feel it once that alcohol wears off," Draya stated firmly.

"No I won't," I denied with a small frown on my lips. Draya shook her head as she sat the washcloth down and took my hands into her own.

"Trust me darling, you will most definitely feel it when you're hungover," she said softly.

"I don't get hungover," I retorted with a pout.

"Have you ever been drunk before?" Draya asked.

"No," I shook my head with a giggle as my hair hit me in the face.

"Well when you drink a lot and get like this, then you feel really bad after it's all over," Draya informed me.

"Well I won't ever feel bad," I stated as I leaned back, resting my head on the bed.

"Sure you won't darling," Draya said as she chuckled softly. "I used to think the same thing when I was young but it'll hit you really hard how bad you can feel after drinking," she promised.

"Kind of like you hit Pandora in the back of the head for giving me her energy drink," I said as I stared up at the canopy on the bed.

"I didn't hit the back of her head for that, I hit the back of her head because she said that she would do it again," Draya said. I felt her pat my leg as she stood up and I turned my head to look at her.

"You're upside down," I observed as if it was a matter of fact. Which it was.

"It's how you're laying my dear," she stated simply. "Do you want lunch?" she asked. I sat up suddenly at the offer.

"I want grilled cheese," I said with a small smile.

"Okay. Do you want anything else with that?" Draya asked as she smoothed my hair back. It had fallen out of the braid I put it in when I was running from Pandora earlier.

"No, just grill me a cheese please," I said.

"You have to come with me, I can't leave you unsupervised," she said.

"No, can't walk. Want to sleep now," I said as I laid back. I huffed when she pulled me back up, glaring at her through half lidded eyes.

"I will carry you," Draya informed me.

"No you won't," I retorted. "You're old, you can't do that," I said as I closed my eyes.

And that was how I got her to pick me up and carry me. Suzanna 1- Draya 0. I always got my way, it was better that way. Better for everyone.