Chapter 79

Bratty Suzanna is the best Suzanna!

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

Mama thought it would be easy to convince me to take a bath but she was wrong. Her words went unheard as I focused on squirming out of her hold. I had tried going limp but that didn't help me, it didn't even hinder Mama!

"Suzanna, you are covered in mud. You need a bath," Mama said. I looked her in the eyes before sticking my tongue out and managing to free myself. I had to twist myself and pry her hands off of me to escape. I was across the room before she could try and grab me again.

"Ha ha, you lose and you suck," I said triumphantly. I raised my chin in defiance when she arched an eyebrow at my words. I squealed when she came closer, backing away from her.

"You are taking a bath," Mama said as if it was a matter of fact. It was not.

"No thank you, keep your weirdness away from me please and thank you," I said as I looked around for my best escape route. She couldn't be mad at me, I even used my manners. Mama was quicker then she looked and despite my effort to duck away and crawl under the bed, she caught me.

"Suzanna, you are being a brat," Mama said as she grabbed my leg. I whined at her words, trying to crawl my way across the stone floor as she pulled me out from underneath the bed. I laid there for a moment, my eyes adjusting to the light as she picked me up.

"I despise you, I curse your bloodline," I hissed into her ear. I tried to pry her hands off me again, groaning when it didn't work. I even tried to claw her hands off of me but it didn't work. I huffed when she walked into the bathroom, setting me down as she stood in front of the door.

"The quicker you just take your bath, the quicker you can go see Phoenix and Kelpie," Mama stated. She did have a good point but I didn't want to listen to it. I struggled for a solid five minutes to get past her. I tried pulling her away from the door, throwing myself at her legs to knock her down, kicking at her ankles, and even trying to pull her away by the fabric of her dress.

"I gives up," I huffed, laying on the floor and panting. It was hard to try and escape so it was easier to just give up.

"Alright, can I trust you to take a bath by yourself?" Mama questioned. I pondered her words before shaking my head. "Well, are you going to be mad at me when you don't feel tiny?" Mama asked. I nodded my head at her words. "Great," Mama stated as she massaged her forehead.

"You're getting wrinkles," I stated as I looked up at her. She couldn't be mad at me for saying that, it was true. Her forehead was starting to get tiny wrinkles.

"Yes darling, mostly because of you," Mama said as she crouched down next to me. I shook my head at her words, that simply couldn't be true. It was just because she was getting old.

"It's cause you're getting old," I informed her as I patted her knee reassuringly. Mama rolled her eyes at my words. How rude! I was just telling her the truth.

"Do you want help with your bath?" Mama asked. She sounded tired of my words but that couldn't be true. My words were brilliant and the best words ever to exist.

"Fine, you can help since you wanna," I said as I sat up. Mama chuckled softly as she moved to turn on the bath water. She let it run for a little bit before looking down at me. I was still sitting on the floor at the moment.

She helped me stand up. I stood there looking at her expectantly. She looked at me before sighing. "Raise your arms baby," Mama stated. I did as she said, letting her help me undress completely. Once I was undressed, I got into the tub. "Oh that part you can do yourself," Mama teased.

"Don't be mean," I huffed at her words as I sat down in the water. I closed my eyes after a moment, getting used to the warm water. I plugged my nose and leaned my head back into the water. I stayed underwater until my chest hurt from not breathing before I lifted my head up so I could breathe.

"Don't drown yourself," Mama sighed as she looked at me. She seemed exasperated with my actions. It wasn't my fault that it was fun to hold my breath.

"You're bossy," I informed Mama as I slid down into the water until only my nose and mouth were above the water. I kept my eyes open because it was fun to see underwater even if it made my eyes hurt a lot. I had to surface after about ten seconds because my eyes hurt. I rubbed them with the back of my hands.

"You are a troublemaker," Mama stated as I felt a washrag touch my arm. I whined softly but let her wash off my arms. I lowered my arms, watching the soap foam up. "Turn around," she said. I turned so that my back was to her and felt her scrubbing my back.

I just let her wash me since she had volunteered to do it. I was more focused on sneakily pouring shampoo into the bath and trying to get it to make bubbles. Apparently it didn't work well and it only made the tub slippery.

"The water has to be running to make bubbles," Mama said. I was not as sneaky as I thought. I turned my head slightly to look at her, pouting slightly.

"Why?" I asked.

"I don't know," Mama stated.

"Why?" I questioned her.

"Is that the only thing you can ask?" Mama sounded amused and it annoyed me. I huffed as a brilliant idea came to mind and I splashed water out of the tub and onto her. Her dress was now soaked.

"You're welcome," I smiled as she looked from me to her dress and then back to me. She didn't seem very happy.