Chapter 87

*Suzanna's P.O.V*

Being regressed was no fun, I decided. Every time I regressed, I had gotten cooed over and treated like a baby by Seraphina. Kamili still treated me like a big girl but even she sometimes treated me like a baby. The worst part was that a part of me actually enjoyed being cooed over. It was like there was a part of my brain that still latched onto my childhood and wanted a better one.

That was why as an act of rebellion, I ended up staying up all night for the past couple of nights. It was a simple act of rebellion but it meant a lot to me. It was the smallest bit of defiance but it was there so that meant I hadn't completely fallen into Seraphina's control.

Sadly staying up for three nights in a row meant that I was very, very tired the following days. It was hard to keep my eyes open but whenever Seraphina asked, I was very firm to deny her accusations of me being tired. Seraphina had abandoned me the day that Kamili had promised to treat me like a big girl even when I was regressed. Sure Seraphina had been going to a doctor's appointment but it surely couldn't have been more important than me.

Currently I was using a thin piece of metal on the vanity table top. I had swiped the piece of metal up from the ground when I had been on a walk the other day and no one had seen me grab it. I had tried to use it to unlock the door but had only succeeded in getting a tiny cut on the tip of my finger. So now I was very carefully etching my name into the vanity top. It was an activity to keep me awake and it was also just fun to ruin stuff that was Seraphina's.

I had my head resting on the palm of my hand, looking down at the vanity as I got the z part in my name. I was having to trace the letters several times to even make them noticeable. My concentration was broken when a hand touched my shoulder and I spun around, the piece of metal digging into my palm as I tried to decide whether to hide it or stab the person in front of me.

"Cherub, it's one in the morning. What are you still doing up?" Seraphina's voice was so soft and sweet that it made me want to throw up. I huffed at her words, pursing my lips as I refused to answer her. "You're bleeding, let me see," she said as she took my free hand, looking at it as the blood trickled down it. She tried to take the piece of metal out of my palm but I jerked my hand away.

"It's mine," I said, my voice plain. Seraphina raised an eyebrow as she grabbed my hand again. I whined, trying to pull away.

"You can keep the metal but let me look at your hand," she said. I hesitated before opening my hand and letting her take the piece of metal. It wasn't without fuss though because I still pouted at her the whole time she did it.

She took the piece of metal, setting it on the vanity while she looked down at my hand. She took a handkerchief out of her robe. Her robe looked nice and warm with it wrapped around her. I presumed she was wearing a nightgown underneath it since I could see the lace peeking out from the sleeves of her robe.

"My poor little baby," Seraphina said as she frowned. "You have to be more careful," she scolded softly.

"You're the one who scared me," I said with a small frown on my lips.

"Oh did I?" she asked softly as she looked at me with a small grin. I nodded my head, not returning her smile. I was barely staying away, I most certainly wasn't going to be nice to her. "Well then I'm sorry cherub but you should be asleep right now," she said sternly.

"I not 'eepy," I responded but it seemed like she had made up her mind. She lifted me up and I whined as she rested me on her hip. I whined as I tugged at her robe, trying to get her to let me down.

"You've been very cranky the last three days, you're going to bed," Mama said as she rubbed my back. I rubbed at my eyes as I went limp in her arms. If I wasn't going to get my way, I would make it extremely hard for her to carry me.

"You should wear your veil, you look old," I said as I peered up at her through narrowed eyes.

"That's not very nice," Mama said as she carried me into the nursery. She shut the door which ruined my escape plan and went to sit in the rocking chair. I squirmed as she held me in her lap and started to rock back and forth.

"Noooo, not 'eepy," I cried as I tried my best to squirm away from. She hushed me as I looked at her with teary eyes, tugging on her robe. My hand slipped inside her robe and I tugged at her nightgown.

"Do you want to nurse?" Mama asked. I nodded tearily as I kept tugging at her top. She wouldn't let me nurse though, I knew that. I tugged at her top and surprisingly she let me pull it down. I looked up at her with wide eyes.

"Milk?" I asked quietly.

"There's no milk yet but you can still nurse," Mama stated. I nodded happily as I latched on and started to nurse. She ran a hand through my hair as she rocked me slowly. One of my hands moved to rest on her chest and I smiled happily.

My eyes slowly closed as I started to drift off to sleep. I sighed contently as I was rocked back and forth. As soon as my eyes closed, I was asleep.