Ch 3

"Bold." : animatronic is talking

"Normal." : human is talking

=o^o=

"Where did you hide it?"

Michael raised both eyebrows when he heard Ennard's question was more like accusing him, he looked away from the animatronic and returned his focus to the phone in hand. Shrugging shoulders was Michael's answer to the animatronic.

"I know you did it, Afton," Ennard said again, half growling at the sight of Michael deliberately ignoring him.

"Hey!"

The Afton protested when Ennard snatched his cell phone, lifting it so high with a cable that Michael couldn't reach it even though he was on tiptoe as much as he could. "Give it back," Michael ordered, gritting his teeth-still trying to reach for the phone again, this time in small jumps.

Ennard shook his head slowly. "Not until you admit you hid it, Benedict."

Michael snorted, on his hips. "Afton or Benedict? You're so inconsistent."

"Don't distort the topic!"

A chuckle came from Michael, he folded his arms behind his head for support and looked up to see Ennard's face which was-well, just an endoskeleton without a mask showing the wires on his head. "You look cool," Michael said casually, not caring that Ennard looked like he was going to strangle him any minute. "I'm not lying. Cool and spooky."

"Oh if only you knew how much I want to twist you until your bones break," Ennard hissed angrily, Michael not at all trembled. "Just. Tell. Me."

"Give me my phone first," Michael replied, his palms open in front of Ennard, indicating for Ennard to return the phone right away. "Then I'll tell you, though I don't understand why you're accusing me.

Ennard almost growled in anger. "Use your brain, Afton. It's just the two of us in this house and even if there's a thief, there's no point in them taking my mask while I'm off and ignoring other things!" Ennard facepalm, no longer understand the behavior of the person he killed. "You really are an idiot."

"No need to be rude like that," Michael scowled. "I'll let you know once my beloved phone is in my hands again," Michael said, still holding his palms open. "Cellphones are expensive, return it quickly and you'll get your mask again. Come on."

"You think I'd fall into such a cheap trap?"

"Do you want your mask or not?"

"Tell me where my mask is first," Ennard replied, raising the phone even further from Michael who was trying to snatch it up again. "Unlike you, I will return this after you tell me."

Michael rolled his eyes. "You will return it after slamming it."

"Most likely, yes."

"Just give it back quickly and I will return your mask!" Michael said angrily, his patience running low. They are both stubborn.

Ennard snorted. "Say."

"Give." Michael glared at Ennard, but his eyes widened as the cable Ennard used tightened the loop on his cell phone. "You're going to destroy it!" Michael exclaimed, he jumped to reclaim his phone. Still failed.

"You are the one who want me to use the hard way," Ennard shouted back. "Just say it first!"

This time it was Michael who was snarling, he was staring at Ennard with fury twitching eyes and chattering teeth. The Afton didn't budge, as if he was contemplating something. For a few minutes he was silent, Ennard was still waiting.

And Michael immediately jumped onto the sofa, jumped again onto the headboard and threw himself at Ennard, much to Ennard's surprise. They both swayed for a few seconds, Michael grabbed Ennard by the shoulders and lifted himself up, his hands reaching for the phone, he jumped back behind Ennard and rolled forward for a painless landing.

"Hah! You'll never know what I'm capable of!" Michael said arrogantly, Ennard turned to him with a loud growl of rage. "One for me, zero for you, Ennard," Michael continued, shaking his phone in front of Ennard and grinning thinly. "Another zero for you because I won't tell you!"

"Afton!"

Ignoring Ennard's call, Michael immediately ran out of his house because he knew Ennard wouldn't chase him if he was outside. Michael just laughed contentedly inwardly thinking Ennard would surely throw a lot of curses at him once Ennard found his mask.

That was if Ennard found it.